Is this considered as having ALK swing?

uhupong

BRS Member
I start increasing nutrients/reduce export and ALK starts to fluctuate. Is it at the harmful level ? Or does it even considered as having an ALK swing?
aaf5cb6a0ee25085def58b4828cd1deb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kept adjusting nutrient import/export. My coal got pale and i reintroduced autofeeding and add redsea energy dosing daily.

Is that results from Trident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which test kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the same situation when I was doing manually, even my ALK got at 13.5 some days and 9 others, killing almost my entire sps. About a month ago when @jsak1976 Josh installed my entire Apex including Trident and Doser, which Slowly is bringing my ALK back to the place. This is an amazing system, and I agree with @dz6t Dong, Salifert does a great job, actually is precise with the results of Trident. I have to tell you guys, Neptune killed with this Trident. I highly recommend to everyone. Just be careful from who you buy if you do bid as I did on Ebay, first guy never sent the product to me and took me almost a month to get the money back.

BTW, this week I'm introducing the Entire Red Sea Care Program in my system. I saw the results in tanks and personally from a friend from Brazil and is amazing. I will post the results in a few months

Im on Aquaforest 123 balling program with no water change. Can i use redsea program on top ?

I'm not 100% on that. Even triton method witch is one of the most comprehensive approach to try and match sea water doesnt eliminate water changes. Yes as a regular maintance its not needed but periodic water changes will be needed. As for the color program they are just trace eliments. With the no water change piece off info you pale coral may be trace element depletion.

Hes no "maintaince changes" when u send in for icp testing they may suggest a water change to get elements back in line or to remove any built up contaminates.

They eliminated the weekly changes. Unless you run a gigantic refugium with mamgroves you'll always have some changes. The hole point of the method is to send in for the exspensive tests. When you do that they suggest water changes if anything enters red or orange range of the charts.

I very much like this system and have research very heavily. Is your refugium 20% of total water volume? Also they don't mention the part were your skimmer, your hands, tools, and even air are putting contaminates in your tank daily. Carbon is good but not 100%. I don't think any system truly eliminates water changes. Yes they may limit them but eventually things will be off and require a change. Alot of ppl get into trouble not reading the fine point of no "maintaince" changes and skill the $60 tests required every 30 days at start and every 90 there after

@jsak1976 has one of the most natural systems going. He may be a good person to talk to about some of the benefits of having a natural food system developed in ur tank. This very much goes hand and hand with the large fuge triton set there method around.

How are your trace elements. Do you have your last icp tests?? If your following the method that test result will give someof these great reefers a window into whats wrong

Back