Is this considered as having ALK swing?

Kept adjusting nutrient import/export. My coal got pale and i reintroduced autofeeding and add redsea energy dosing daily.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If your adding a carbon source , if it’s a large quantity at a time, it could be consuming some of your alk.

Just so it clear. I don't use triton, i use aquaforest which is similar as it based on Balling method. Also I do not dose carbon and I did ICP test once which came out normal.

Aquaforest 123 add major and minor trace elements via their 3 parts.

The icp testing is the backbone of no water change system. Without that you just blindly dumping stuff in the water and hoping.

Lots of ppl dont do a ton of water changes. It can be done just I wouldnt risk my tank over few dollars in water. And couple min of time

The icp testing is the backbone of no water change system. Without that you just blindly dumping stuff in the water and hoping.
If that logic is valid then it should apply to everyone including those that do regular water change. Don't you need to know your levels before each water change then?

If you dont deplete you waters trace elements to zero you dont need strict testing to tell what to add. I take out old water and add new on a regular basis with allows my levels to be consistent. If you deplete ur water to zero and try adding suppliments to adjust thats when the strick testing comes in.

It honestly seems like you added alot of this and that and are trying to add your own spinn on systems that have been developed by scientists. Do your method and what your adding have ingredient overlap? Can you seperate one part of a system without effecting other parts? The entire no water change method is centered around a refugium cleaning waste products. How big is your refugium? What were the nutrients at before you started messing with export/ import. Alot of ppl hang on the no water change thing without reading into how its accomplished. Anyone that has success with "limited" water changes have plants as major part of the system. Does your no water change method utilize plants and or algea?

Triton is more than dump this in and stop changing water. I feel this marketing approach leads to alot of failures cause ppl buy the suppliments and skipp every other part of the system and exspect good results.

You should read up better on triton and other methods if you want to keep telling people they need this n that. Triton core 7 needs a fuge with macros but triton other doesn’t. Ati essentials pro doesn’t need a fuge. Not sure on aqua forest so can’t comment but the op is most likely following aqua forests recommendations that most likely aren’t the same as triton.
Good luck @uhupong

Ive researched it for 4 months. Triton other doesnt advertise no water change its just a trace elements and alk calc supplimemt. The key points of no water change system is in fact what i talked about.

I didnt tell anyone what they need. I simple relayed the points of the system that are the basis of the claims they make.

I use aquaforest 123 method and have a refugium to export nutrients and do not add any other "this and that".

I'm sure there are many ways to skin the cat so to speak. My post simply related to ALK swing and not anything else.

How does the other method work with no water chamges chris just woundering how much reading on triton uve done???

I very very much believe in the triton method. Just pointing out some of the hidden parts of achieving success with that system. I did not mean to come off as a jerk, just trying to help succeed with a method ive heavily heavily researched.

And believe in. The this and that was a refference to adding the red sea stuff on top of another system "balling 123" not that it can't be done. Just that you need to realy no a system inside and out before u take this part from this system and one part from that system.

@uhupong I truly hope that you find the issues that are causing your issues. I took the time to wright cause I believe in what ur doing and just wanted to help u succeed. I didnt intend to imply you were doing anything wrong. I just feel ppl tend to skip some pieces that triton not me feels is vital.

But if you have an opinion different than the few guys who dominate this site I guess your not welcome. Good luck man

Just so you know @Sparky88 I’m blocking you right now this isn’t your post for me to explain to you anything again sorry @uhupong
No worries...this is why it is called a hobby and not work. Supposed to be fun i think.

Also i don't have an advanced degree in chemistry which is why i come here to seek opinion from truly professional/experienced people. My 10+ years in reefing is nothing compare to those guys. :)

Back