January 2011 Fish Goo With Taste testing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 100% pure vit C how much do you need?

I can also bring scollops and mussels and caster oil

We'll need plenty of freezer bags too, so it'd be good to have a few people signed up for them so we have plenty. When fish goo is frozen, you want a thin layer in the bag so it's easy to break apart for feeding. If you fill the bags, it freezes pretty thick and is a pain in the butt to break apart.

I have plenty of extra freezer bags so I can bring more of them if they are still needed! :D

no idea. It really depends on how many people participate and how much is made.

These are the ones I can bring:

Hefty one zip bags either the quart or the one gallon, any preferences or should I bring a 50/50 of each? I'll probably bring about 10 boxes if that's enough :D

If you are looking at this list and find that I've left something off, please let me know! I can add it. I remember somewhere an octopus was added, maybe at Cindy's house during a cookout.

Last edited:
I've been a member for a year and haven't been at a meeting yet. I plan to be there this Saturday.
I'd be glad to bring these to add to the goo ingredients if they will be useful/desirable, based on your want list.

-Aquavitro Fuel reef vitamins (nearly full bottle, ~16oz).
-TLF Marine Snow (nearly full bottle, ~16oz)

I also have these if any are needed. I have 1 each.

-Hikari Frozen Carnivore (mega-marine)
-Hikari Frozen Herbivore (mega-marine-algae)
-Hikari Dry Algae Wafers
-Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake (5.5oz)
-Ocean Nutrition Pellet Formula 1 (3.5oz)
-Ocean Nutrition Pellet Formula 2 (3.5oz)
-Argent Cyclopese wafers/flake.

I've been a member for a year and haven't been at a meeting yet. I plan to be there this Saturday.
I'd be glad to bring these to add to the goo ingredients if they will be useful/desirable, based on your want list.

-Aquavitro Fuel reef vitamins (nearly full bottle, ~16oz).
-TLF Marine Snow (nearly full bottle, ~16oz)

I also have these if any are needed. I have 1 each.

-Hikari Frozen Carnivore (mega-marine)
-Hikari Frozen Herbivore (mega-marine-algae)
-Hikari Dry Algae Wafers
-Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake (5.5oz)
-Ocean Nutrition Pellet Formula 1 (3.5oz)
-Ocean Nutrition Pellet Formula 2 (3.5oz)
-Argent Cyclopese wafers/flake.

Gary, I think that's a lot to bring. is the hikari pellets? If so, that would be great.

Just let me know what I should grab and I will bring it. The only thing I have lying around is a bottle of kent microvert, but im not sure that is what you are looking for. I will run to the store either Thursday or Friday and grab whatever is needed!

...Skeeter...

These are the ones I can bring:

Hefty one zip bags either the quart or the one gallon, any preferences or should I bring a 50/50 of each? I'll probably bring about 10 boxes if that's enough :D

should be more than enough, I would think, but I'd rather have extra than not enough.

Gary, I think that's a lot to bring. is the hikari pellets? If so, that would be great.

The first two hikari are frozen cubes packs. They thaw into somewhat gelatinous long pellets. The algae wafers are rather large dry sinking wafers. Maybe the size of a nickel. Oh, I also have spirulina flakes if that is of any use.

Count me in for the fuel vitamins and white snow. If anything else from the list is useful, let me know and I can bring it along too. No problems. I only have 4 fish at the moment. I kinda went on a food buying binge online and got a bit too much :)

could we use half shell clams? just asking because i do not use it and i would love to try some of the goo with my fish

It seems like most of the stuff has been accounted for.
But i was at stop and shop yesterday and saw they had squid tubes. I know it wasnt on the list but ive seen them used before in DIY food. I would be happy to bring some if it goes with the mix just let me know how much

It seems like most of the stuff has been accounted for.
But i was at stop and shop yesterday and saw they had squid tubes. I know it wasnt on the list but ive seen them used before in DIY food. I would be happy to bring some if it goes with the mix just let me know how much

sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back