January 2011 Fish Goo With Taste testing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Delta

Puppy love!
We will be putting together some fish goo at the meeting. If you bring ingredients, you will be able to take some with you. If everyone brings something, we'll have a ton for all to share. Please post in this thread if you will be parcipating and mention what you will bring.

The Official BRS Fish Goo taste-tester will be there! Moe Kirby will sample our goo to make sure we made it right!!!:::D

Here is a list of ingredients (There may be more options not listed. I stole this list from StevenP's 2007 thread):

Clams (Canned w/juice) or minced--------Derek (dcforester1), JayM
Shrimp ---------------------------------------Danny (DC4242)
Cocktail Shrimp------------------------------Dave (afboundguy)
Scallops--------------------------------------Bruno
Mussles---------------------------------------Bruno
Color Enhancing Flake Food----------------Danny (DC4242)
Formula 1------------------------------------Elmafioso52988
Granulated Fish Food-----------------------Bob (Willfx)/Michelle (cstmppl)
Selcon---------------------------------------SteveDola
Vitamin C-------------------------------------Bruno
Castor Oil-------------------------------------Bruno
Reef Vitamin and Mineral Suppliment------Gary (gweston)
Garlic -----------------------------------------Bob (Willfx), SteveDola
Basic Liquid Filter Feeder Food
Dried Plankton suppliment
Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs
Nori ------------------------------------------Heather (Mrs. Delta)
Mysis Shrimp -------------------------------Chris B, Matt (loki32687)
Rotifer Perls
Frozen Brine Shrimp------------------------Royalty
cyclopeeze ----------------------------------Danny (DC4242)
cod liver oil ----------------------------------Frank (frank180reef)
Tobiko ---------------------------------------Anthony (Jamesdong009)
Quart/gallon size Zip-Lock Bags -----------Chris (Turbosnail), xzel
Squid-----------------------------------------MikeP
Kent marine zoa-----------------------------SteveDola

I will be bringing a few packages of nori.

Last edited:
I just bought some PE Mysis, and some clams not open I know they are on the list already, but its all I have. I also have some cyclopeze I can throw in??? Let me know if you dont need , maybe I can pick something else up.

canned clams, LMK how many cans (come in a size about the size of a tuna can

I just bought some PE Mysis, and some clams not open I know they are on the list already, but its all I have. I also have some cyclopeze I can throw in??? Let me know if you dont need , maybe I can pick something else up.
It's a shmorgusborg of different things. There's no written recipe for the proportions of each part, so whatever is added is fine. I put you on for clams Derek. If you'd like to bring something else as well, LMK. :)

Folks, if you're trying to figure out what to bring when looking at the list, we do not need more than one person bringing each additive (i.e. cod liver oil, garlic, etc). More than one person bringing food type products is perfectly fine.

We'll need plenty of freezer bags too, so it'd be good to have a few people signed up for them so we have plenty. When fish goo is frozen, you want a thin layer in the bag so it's easy to break apart for feeding. If you fill the bags, it freezes pretty thick and is a pain in the butt to break apart.

Last edited:
If I can rework my schedule and get there I have some PE Mysis in my freezer I can bring....

Or if I don't and Derek feels like swinging by my work then I can donate it. :p

I spread it in a cookie sheet, and push eggcrate into it, that way I get my little cubes:) . I will bring some stuff on the list. I have a package of clams from a LFS and it would amount to much?

I will bring some scallops, and I have a buch of flake/pellet food that I dont use, so I will bring that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back