January 2011 Meeting

good to hear that all, it sounds like we might be seeing a good turnout!

Quick question:

Are we allowed to take videos and photos? I was wondering this just in case if some people can't make it to the meetings and would like to see what happened, maybe we can take a video of the presentations and upload them here on the forum?

I spoke to Bill at www.reefledlights.com and asked for a gift certificate for the meeting raffle. He said "no" <remainder edited>

EDIT: BRS Sponsor policy says that only sponsors of the site can run group buys Forum sponsors can run them right from their forums, and banner sponsors can make them with either of the 2 announcements they are allowed monthly in the sponsor announcement forums. This rule exists out of respect for the sponsors who continue to support our club. Thanks for understanding. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to Bill at www.reefledlights.com and asked for a gift certificate for the meeting raffle. He said "no"<remainder edited>

EDIT: BRS Sponsor policy says that only sponsors of the site can run group buys Forum sponsors can run them right from their forums, and banner sponsors can make them with either of the 2 announcements they are allowed monthly in the sponsor announcement forums. This rule exists out of respect for the sponsors who continue to support our club. Thanks for understanding. :)
Bill will get you whatever length/size(heatsink) you want also if you ask him, he just listed the common sizes on his site to keep it simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill will get you whatever length/size(heatsink) you want also if you ask him, he just listed the common sizes on his site to keep it simple.

I perfer to not go through a middleman incase there's an error or problem and not have to deal with drop shipping. It's better to directly deal with the supplier. At my job this has bitten me in the butt several times dealing with parts from vendors shipped from a third party. BTW, Bill's prices and shipping charges are exactly the same as heatsinkusa so I guess it doesn't matter if you're a trusting person and wish to place one order all at once.

Last edited:
Woohooo, my Saturday schedule was changed. Finally can attend my 1st meeting:)

Depends on who shows up, but we can get it tested and send you result. This is one of the things on the BOD agenda
that needs to get remedied

Ill bring some water just incase. It's just I'm having a lot of problems with alk dropping and was hopping to compare my results to someones. Thanks

I won't be able to bring my video camera. I can't find the cord to the battery charger and my nice new tripod hit the driveway and broke.

I have been looking forward to this meeting since it was announced. With the snow storm we are requiered to work 12hr/days, forced to make money, but really wanted to see Marks presentation. I hope everyone has a good time.

Derek

Back