January 2012 DIY Fragging and Pest ID meeting!!!

Can I become a paid member at the event and be able to participate as a paid member? I want to make sure I am definitely coming XD I've been wanting to come for awhile, it will be my first time. I have "lots" of coral and I want to know as much about it before I do something retarded and ignorant haha. Can you assign me something to bring for the fish goo? Easier for me. Also I live near a cambridge naturals for anything bizarre...

You can become a paid member at the meeting no problem. Just look for a group of us near a table with computers looking like we don't know what we're doing :p.

As far as something for the fish goo I'd check out the thread and post in there as they usually have a list of items needed.

Remember no football next weekend so no excuses!!!

Don't forget this Sunday... And I would like to apologize to everybody; I originally said there would be no football that weekend but I forgot the "Pro-Bowl" would be on... Oh wait that's not real football so we're still all set!!!

Don't forget we'll be making fish goo and I'm sure Anthony (jamesdong009) can be persuaded to taste test it for a beverage (or for not good reason at all :D)

If you plan on attending the meeting please feel free to bring your fragging supplies (dremels, bone cutters and anything else you like to frag with)

Also don't forget if you have any reef pests like red bugs, flatworms or anything you think might be a pest (nothing wrong with proving it to be a good creature!) to bring them to the meeting for identification!!!

Counting down the days to the meeting should be a blast!!!

I just got back from Jays and here are a few pictures of some of the donations for the meeting.
79b91146.jpg

01a94de4.jpg

19fa1fa0.jpg

5e819389.jpg

6ad0c2db.jpg

Oh man, if only I had my tank up and running!! Think I can get it done by the weekend, those are some sweet looking acros!!!

Don't forget, paid members will be taking home FREE FRAGS!!!!

Last edited:
I put up a thread about it and sent a PM to afboundguy but I have a live Nudi for the pest ID if you want it. Shoot me a PM by 5:30 today and I can overnight it. not sure if I can make the meeting.

Thanks,
Shaun

I think nobody should show up because that will mean more frags for me!!! :p

Will Be My first As Well.

Very Excited to Meet new People Don`t really have anyone to Talk reef to expect you guys. Friends are like yea that looks cool....... and the Women is just over it LOL

-Owen

You may want to bring a small cooler and hand warmers for any frags you get. I noticed at the last meeting quite a few people walking around with frag bags in hand. With the cold weather here It is a good idea to keep them warm.

bump for everyone to remember their coolers!

Also, even though its not reall cold, bring an empty water bottle or two. That way before you leave you can fill them with warm water and keep the cooler temp up!

Pretty excited to frag stuff tomorrow!

Day of meeting!!! Don't forget PAID MEMBERS WILL BE GETTING A FREE FRAG!!! And they won't be crappy frags if you look at some of the pictures of the corals donated by Jay's Aquatics :D

Back