Jim's Tom 2g Contest tank!!!

This looks promising =p

Well you might appreciate what Im doing with my tank I have a theme and it goes with your avitar . lol I think I might of went too far with this tank build. It also could be the full moon.

Where did you get that heatsink from? What driver are you using for those 6 leds, and what size is that fan? I have same light laying around but it to weak for my nano plant tank but this look like fun little project. Do you really need the optic since the light pretty low to tank? Thank

Where did you get that heatsink from? What driver are you using for those 6 leds, and what size is that fan? I have same light laying around but it to weak for my nano plant tank but this look like fun little project. Do you really need the optic since the light pretty low to tank? Thank

I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch aluminum and cut it up. I bought the driver from Sure electronics cheap. I use optics because It confines the light I don't want the tank to light up my whole room. lol

What's the status of ur tank? I really like how u did the overflow.

As of status I will hopefully be finished putting it together tomorrow. I went a little theatrical with this but I don't care. I think it will look cool in a year from now. I have a vision. Here is a sneak preview of my centerpiece. ::

Attachments

• centerpiece.jpg
    centerpiece.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 641
As of status I will hopefully be finished putting it together tomorrow. I went a little theatrical with this but I don't care. I think it will look cool in a year from now. I have a vision. Here is a sneak preview of my centerpiece. ::

Dude! u are effin nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you and ur visions i swear! lol i like it though...it be cool if u put glowing led eyes on it like beckbrass said and add some light effect on the return...kinda like a volcano lava or something that will make the water look red as it comes out ....see i have visions too....i also have a vision of seeing my leds up and running.....soon...some one is slacking though.............lol jk

Dude! u are effin nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you and ur visions i swear! lol i like it though...it be cool if u put glowing led eyes on it like beckbrass said and add some light effect on the return...kinda like a volcano lava or something that will make the water look red as it comes out ....see i have visions too....i also have a vision of seeing my leds up and running.....soon...some one is slacking though.............lol jk

Well i guess i will have to grab some red bull and pull an all nighter. customers are a callin . lol

Few updates

Almost all set up with the theatrics. here are a few pics. You can laugh if you want to.;)

Attachments

• 2012-03-15 00.22.43.jpg
    2012-03-15 00.22.43.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 614
  • 2012-03-15 00.24.31.jpg
    2012-03-15 00.24.31.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 628
  • 2012-03-15 00.23.57.jpg
    2012-03-15 00.23.57.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 618
  • 2012-03-15 00.23.44.jpg
    2012-03-15 00.23.44.jpg