Just want to introduce myself

evan.lundberg4

Non-member
Hey my name is Evan and I'm from central NH. I'm new to the forum and I wanted to introduce myself and share my tanks. I have been reefing for a little over a year now, though I would consider myself still new at it. I learn things, mainly by trial and error, everyday. I wanted to join the forum here because I have found that the smaller forums, such as this one and the NH reef club, are great sources for information.

Anyway, right now I have three tanks. I will be down to only two though in the near future. I'm currently building an 80 gallon tank that has a settling tank plumbed in before the sump. Total waste volume will be ~100 gallons with tank, sump and settling tank. It is bare bottom and I used black starboard for "substrate". I bought dry live rock from Bulk Reef Supply and built bonsai style rockwork. Built my own stand and did all the plumbing myself. I also built a water change manifold that drains and refills the settling tank. Skimmer is undersized for now, reef octopus NWB110. For flow it has an MP40 and will have a WP40 once I take down my 55. I have DM 155e LED fixtures coming for it and it's all being run by a Reefkeeper lite.
asa9etu5.jpg
3e9e5ugu.jpg
u7eje8y8.jpg

Then there's my first tank. It's a 55 gallon reef that was going fine until I crashed it lol. Let my RO/DI filters go while slacking on water changes and there you have it. Good excuse to build the 80 though. I scavenged almost all the equipment from it for my new build. The system just wasn't set up right so it needed revamping anyway. Right now it's basically a holding tank for my fish until the 80 is ready for them. For fish I have two blue reef chromis, a royal gramma, a fire fish, two clownfish and two banggai cardinals. There are also 3 monster hermits that ruthlessly kill any snail that is put in there with a couple hours.
atyqamu4.jpg

Lastly is my 20 long. This has been my experiment tank. I tried keeping a scooter dragonet in here by feeding it baby bribe shrimp...didn't work, lesson learned. Then I kept a bunch of different softies and LPS in there. Currently I've been experimenting with different macros and a couple types of gorgonians. I have a WP25 in there and I built a 20 diode bridgelux LED light for it from aquastyle which I am quite happy with and grows coral nicely. I have a Duncan in there that is going crazy under them. The current macros are graciallara, caulerpa mexicana and caulerpa prolifera. I also have two mangrove seedlings.
vu5y2yqu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome Aboard! Check out the forum header often for local meetings and speakers.

Our next meeting is in Newburyport, MA close to the NH boarder.

Hope to see you there

Welcome to the club! Awesome rock work in the 80 gallon too :D

Check out some of our monthly meetings and contests. Great way to meet new fellow reefers and a chance to win yourself some merchandise from the clubs AWESOME sponsors!

I will try to get some better pics of the tanks. The 80 is coming along nicely just doesn't have lights yet so the pics aren't that great. Thanks for the replies. I would like to make it to one of the meetings. Seems like every time I met another reefer they show me something really smart that I would never have thought of doing on my own.

Here's a few more of the rocks in the 80. I used the shelf rock and some Tonga I think to make these. They are stuck together with pond foam.
pusaru4u.jpg
ehuvuqan.jpg

Back