Low ph sick fish

AlbertG

(BadPapi)
I came home tonight and found most of my fish sick .
I think could of be a temp spike cause my tank was at above 80 degrees
Disregard the ph part . Ph its fine still have sick fish thou :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you have a skimmer? Bring air to it from a window. It's probably excessive co2 buildup

Fresh air and airation will help bring it up naturally. And water changes can help too. Did you do a regular ph test to double check? Maybe the probe didn't calibrate properly.

If the pH is below 7, there is a bigger issue than carbon dioxide in water.
Are you dosing? Check the calcium dosing pump if you are using one.

Agreed, you can't make seawater have a PH that low.

You DO have test error, very low salinity, or both.

I would expect anything to do with kalk would raise the PH, not lower it.

c0c3a10f1643e224f47962598681b393.jpg

After raising it by 3 i remove my ph controller from my other tank and this its the reading

Just keep in mind that "PH buffer" is usually just a fancy label on an every day alk supplement.

That said, if your alk was VERY low, that would allow the PH to be driven down easily by Co2 or organic waste accumulation. If your alk is kept in the normal target range it's pretty hard for anything to drive the PH down below 7.8 or so.

Thanks John !
To clarify my ph wanst low i though it was because after calibrating the apex was reading supper low .
And i added stuff to raise it stuff i wont normaly use but happend to have in hand just for emergency .
The after remember i had another ph meter / controller in my other tank i got it and text my ph again and was right on point . Wich is high now because of the stuff i put on it .
I should of know better and tested again before trying anything

i got more freak out because my fish are sick and was trying to find the cause .
Hate coming home and finding one sick fish .
I had that fish for over two years it ben tru hell and back . So i hoppe he makes it .

Back