lower dkh in io reef crystal

No but here’s a Link on reef2reef. Seems like it’s do-able but you will need to monitor pH and aerate it to bring it up. Also, today I learned that Mariatic acid is hydrochloric acid.

Are you trying to lower your KH or start a new tank at a lower KH? I’d just search for a salt mix that suits your desired KH value or let your tank coast down slowly (.2dkh/day) if you want to lower KH.

Make the move to Brightwell NeoMarine. Mixes at a sweet 7-7.5dkh. I been so happy with the move from IO.
Petco has reel me in with their sale buy 2 get 30 percent off and then repeated delivery another 35% so I bought 3 cases of 200g for only $125 lol. Thought it was a good deal so mind as well start with this salt since I saw many people on r2r use muratic acid to lower down the alk and aerate overnight for ph to go back up. So was thinking about trying this. Because before I use liveaquaria salt with stable parameters of 8-9dkh. But sometime you get a bad batch and have to throw away the whole case of salt. So want something stable and don't have to check alk all the time before water change.

No but here’s a Link on reef2reef. Seems like it’s do-able but you will need to monitor pH and aerate it to bring it up. Also, today I learned that Mariatic acid is hydrochloric acid.

Are you trying to lower your KH or start a new tank at a lower KH? I’d just search for a salt mix that suits your desired KH value or let your tank coast down slowly (.2dkh/day) if you want to lower KH.
I thought about this before but I have a smaller tank so salt is not a big matter. This time it will be double of the volume so each time water change it will be like 30g for a 15% water change. So each month i probably use about 160g bucket of salt and $80 each month is pretty costly compare to instant ocean because petco always have a sale going and it will cut the cost down to almost half. I'm pretty sure people with 200-300g tank use instant ocean for their tank and their sps still look as good as other brand name salt.

Back