March Members' Auction Madness 2012!!

Oh man, with Greg's additions my list just got longer...

May have to reduce some of the stuff and just go after the pieces I really love...

Nope, that wont happen

Man, how many times can you type: WOW, AMAZING, NICE

I am just blown away at the terrific donations. I am about 1 hour away from just running to Home Depot and setting up 2 or 3 20g tanks for QT.

Is this what an addict feels like. I feel like I have to show up with a grand in my pocket just to get a fix at the auction.

I would have a few choice descriptive words if this was not a family forum.

There just are not enough words in the English language to describe how I am feeling right now... But I would sure love to give it a chance.

I can not believe that Jordan has not got his frag tank up and running already... I was sure he was going to be trying to pack that thing!

Going to be a great auction! Looking forward to seeing every one tomorrow!!!

Don't scare off the new comers Chris, You wont need close to a grand.. Inless you want just about everything. LOL
Man, how many times can you type: WOW, AMAZING, NICE

I am just blown away at the terrific donations. I am about 1 hour away from just running to Home Depot and setting up 2 or 3 20g tanks for QT.

Is this what an addict feels like. I feel like I have to show up with a grand in my pocket just to get a fix at the auction.

I would have a few choice descriptive words if this was not a family forum.

There just are not enough words in the English language to describe how I am feeling right now... But I would sure love to give it a chance.

Don't scare off the new comers Chris, You wont need close to a grand.. Inless you want just about everything. LOL

Who wouldn't, just look at it all.

I wish I had a grand to toss into corals... so no one needs to be too concerned.

One thing for sure is that I am not walking into this candy store and going home empty handed.

Need some clownfish? University of New England has graciously donated 10 clownfish that they bred!! They are irresistible!!

brs3LargerClownfish.jpg

smaller clowns.jpg

I was just over dcforester1's place. Not only does he have an amazing tank but he generously donated some great looking corals. Thanks again Derek!

I'm sure these corals would look great in my tank ;)

*sigh* All this guid-ness (programmer joke!) and my tank is just cycling... :( I think we should delay the auction for a month or two so I can really enjoy the auction.

I should have asked (convinced?!?) Mike or Nicole to hold some stuff for me. hehe.

Work with what you have. I just ran out to Home Depot and picked up some 2x4's and screws. I am going to put those (2-3) 20g tanks I have to work. 1/2 way done now, but I am beat for now and will have to pick this up tomorrow night some how.

Hopefully some 24" T5 lights will come up on auction at the last minute tomorrow.

But that is it for tonight. My back and brain hurt.

I have to get some sleep for tomrrow.

Work with what you have. I just ran out to Home Depot and picked up some 2x4's and screws. I am going to put those (2-3) 20g tanks I have to work. 1/2 way done now, but I am beat for now and will have to pick this up tomorrow night some how.

Hopefully some 24" T5 lights will come up on auction at the last minute tomorrow.

But that is it for tonight. My back and brain hurt.

I have to get some sleep for tomrrow.

You have a ton of labels to print out and organize :)

You still can, I have an elegance in Dave's tank from the auction 2 years ago!!! :D He won't be happy when I take it back ;)

I PM'd them to see... would also be open to other willing hostels. Well, as long as the proprietors aren't like the ones in the movie of that name. ;o)

See you all tomorrow!

Hey, quick question... Will there be any water testing at this meeting? I'd like a second opinion on my stats if possible. If I recall, I saw posts for prior meetings where this was a possibility. If so, how much water should I bring? Thanks!

I think this is one meeting where water testing won't be available.
There is usually more activity in such a short time-frame than time would allow.
Someone may be able to do it but I haven't heard anything on making this available at the auction.

There is a LFS down the road from the meeting, They can do a water test for you.
Hey, quick question... Will there be any water testing at this meeting? I'd like a second opinion on my stats if possible. If I recall, I saw posts for prior meetings where this was a possibility. If so, how much water should I bring? Thanks!

There is a LFS down the road from the meeting, They can do a water test for you.

Forgot all about Tropic Isle being right there, thanks for the reminder. I'll toss some water in a tupperware container and stop there on the way to the meeting.

How do we pay for this, Cash or Checks. This is my first time for one of these events.

My first time, too. I cut and paste this from the auction sub forum.
Gotta go now. Time to go to the bank and withdraw some cash for all the goodies.

It's that exciting time of year again, the members' auction!!! If you've attended in the past you know the fun, if it's your first time you don't want to miss out on the bidding shenanigans and some really unique items. You never know what is going to pop up at the auction or who! This years' auction will be held on March 25th Sunday - Noon-4 PM at the Framingham Lodge of Elks.

We have many exciting events planned for the club for this year as you can see from the 2012 calendar but as with most things this requires having the funds available to make these activities possible such as bringing in some excellent new speakers, DIY meetings, junkyard wars, cook-outs, a possible family day event and of course the daily running of the forums, forum updates, VB mobile, etc. ALL proceeds from the auction will/always go to funding the club's many activities.

So here's how it works:

Paid BRS members will receive one bidding paddle per family.
Not a paid member but still want to attend and bid? Not a problem, it's $10 per paddle(for $10 more you can become a paid member of BRS)!

It's a good idea to bring a cooler and some warmers to keep your goodies warm on the drive home. And don't forget to dip, treat and QT all incoming corals and fish appropriately.

Payment methods accepted are cash, check and PayPal.

Pizza will be served at the auction, free to all who attend and as usual a cash bar, what a great way to spend a Sunday!!

So who's coming??

Back