needle wheel skimmer question

willray

Division Champs
I have a coralife needle wheel skimmer w/ a spare pump.I want to put both pumps on the skimmer.would that to be to much water,volocity,volume... for the skimmer? thanks

It depend on wether the skimmer outlet can handle the through flow, if it cannot the skimmer will overflow. If it does not it should help

I would think that due to the design of the skimmer that 2 pumps may be too much for it to handle. Even if the skimmer doesn't overflow, you may still have problems with micro bubbles.

I would think you'd need to modify it so that one was working as a recirculation pump, and one a feed pump.

RichConley said:
I would think you'd need to modify it so that one was working as a recirculation pump, and one a feed pump.

My thoughts exactly. Used in this fashion, provided it did not create excess turbulence within the reaction chamber (especially near the neck), it could, conceivably, significantly improve performance.

I have a ccs65 skimmer. It works great. Takes a ton of garbage out of water. If you need to mod a $100 skimmer perhaps you should have purchased a Euro Reef, ASM or another make for $200. If it 's not going to work plug-n-play then I don't buy it.

I have a ccs65 skimmer. It works great. Takes a ton of garbage out of water. If you need to mod a $100 skimmer perhaps you should have purchased a Euro Reef, ASM or another make for $200. If it 's not going to work plug-n-play then I don't buy it.

I agree.

Back