New to Boston from Chicago! :) Come in and say hello...

glbtrottr

Collector of Hobbies
Hi, All! Lloyd here. I just got relocated here for work. I toil for a large technology corporation (original? :) ), and have a place in Upton. Along with me I brought:

180G RR All Glass tank
Oceanic Stand
Oceanic Canopy
3X250 PFO's
2X72 VHO Actinics
Tunze 7095, 2*6100, Wavebox
Neptune Aquacontroller III Pro
Custom Reactors, 3' (purigen, chemipure / carbon, phosban type)X3
Ozone reactor
ASMG4X skimmer
1/3HP chiller
Aquamedic 3X dosing pump
Calcium and kalk reactor

No fish, no rock, no nuttn. Fresh start. :)

It's going in a basement...:)

Would love to know the veterans in the neighborhood. I'm looking for ideas in insulation, I need to hire an electrician (probably not enough of a breaker in the basement), and minor advice...the basement is chilly, curious as to what people do here for ventilation, if any, insulation, and automation for automating their water changes with dosing pumps...as well as a sump...

So feel free to say hello :)

Chicago, huh? My wife and I were just reminiscing about the Eagle Insurance commercials (quite possibly the lowest quality commercials ever aired :))

I grew up about 1.5 hours outside of Chicago in Benton Harbor, MI. We moved here about 4 years ago. Welcome to MA!

Moved to Upton

No pics of the tank - sorry! I had a couple of monster Nano's (2 22G from Finnex) that I turned into closed loop systems just for grins, both with Metal Halide lights...:) I'd build a reef wall in the back, really enjoyed them.

Who are the biggest and best stores in Boston? Who has the best live rock, best corals and fish? I'm lurking around, but open to new opinions...

Welcome to a fellow Chi town reefer

Greetings
I live in Whitinsville and grew up in Chicago.
U of I grad who moved here 20 yrs ago.
I have a 75 and am setting up a 180.
I recommend you go to the January Boston reefers meeting .

Meeting

I'll be there...:)
Aside from the meetings, how often do y'all do frag swaps and things like that? How are the other neighboring clubs? Do we meet with them and all?

I'll be there...:)
Aside from the meetings, how often do y'all do frag swaps and things like that? How are the other neighboring clubs? Do we meet with them and all?

There are always folks buying/selling frags, rock, equipment locally. Most meetings have frag swaps except for a few which are well noted (usually auctions).

There a local casual get togethers as well, more so in the warmer weather.

Welcome. Are you in Boston?

Hi

welcome we too have a 180 oceanic RR been running for about a month, as soon as we fix our laptop I can post more pictures kinda help you with some setup Ideas.

steve & nicole

Welcome Lloyd, definately off to a good start with the equipment you brought.

There are several people in the club that have set ups in the basement including myself. My entire system is down there including a 140 gallon display, 100 gallon sump and 20 gallon frag tank. This is the first witer it is down there and so far temperature hasn't been a problem. Stays at about 62.

Good luck with the set up!

New to Chicago

Thanks, all! January it is...

I'm in the Hopkinton / Upton border.

A little more about me:

Was in the Marine Corps for 8 years, enlisted 4 and commissioned for 4; for hobbies, I still have a couple of airplanes based at Hopedale, a Mooney 252 and a Cessna 172 I still train people in on occasion; I also train German Shepherds in Shutzhund (and ring, if I can), scuba, ski, horseback ride and more...

I went to Tropical Isle tonight...I was a little surprised...prices were about 100 percent markup on a number of things, and the tanks in many places were...filthy. Probably a bad time to visit, I'm sure...

Okay, now I feel even lazier!:D

Shepards!! My good friend (RIP) Behr, a 6' stockade fence was no match for this guy.:eek:

Behr.jpg

Did someone mention shepherds, this is hunter he is always with the boys no mater what.

This is one of my girls, Borina:

bone1-1.jpg

The girls waiting for their ride:

guardingplane.jpg

borina2.jpg

Mauling Nate Harves:

barn2.jpg

More of the "sthuff"

A stack photo of the mom:

aMeasasize2.jpg

7Iwanttoeatyou.jpg

The MOOSE born 4 days ago