New to the hobby

Reefer madness

Non-member
Hey everyone ,
New to the hobby , undergoing my first tank build . I'm located in middleboro ma and looking for a local store where I can acquire quality advice as well as quality livestock.. but for now could use some advice on a reliable return pump.. So many brands so much info .. George

Welcome to the sickness!!

Ive been using a Jeabo DC9000 (running @ 20%) for slightly more than a year issue free so far. Ive had Eheim 1260/1262's in the past that run trouble free for many years.

Welcome aboard check out underwater world at the galleria mall, Taunton. I'm in east Taunton and they're about the only boston reefer sponsor in the area. If ya don't mind a drive check out the others as well they're all top notch

I'm in halifax next town over. Your more than welcome to stop by and check out my system. I'd be happy to give any advice I can. Btw welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Aboard! You are in the right place to ask questions.

Check out the forum header often for local meetings, speakers and events.

There is a meeting coming up in Framingham on Sunday January 25th.

See you around.

55gal 700gph overflow .. was looking at the jebao 1200

Welcome to the club! For a 55, I think trying to flow 700 GPH through your sump is too much. As a general rule, I try to shoot for 5X the tank volume, 10X the sump volume. So you would likely want between 200-250 GPH. For that, a DC12000 would be WAY oversized. I am using that on my 125, and I run that at 50%.

Back