Newbie Looking to get started

bobbybones

Non-member
I have been looking into this for 3 years and I would like to get going. I did join the BRS as a family member. I see equipment in here for sale so I would like to begin.

Any one with some helpful knowledge would be appreciated greatly.

The one thing I get for sure is SLOW and that is okay

The setup I saw for used equipment is 46 gal tank with a bunch of STUFF (sorry just learning the lingo) and it seem like a good start.

Bones

Welcome to BRS! :)

I think 46 gal is a decent start-up tank ... my first and foremost advice, before you buy anything, would be to go check out some fellow BRS members tanks, and see how they work. I live pretty close by (Wakefield) and would be more than happy to walk you through the basics (that unfortunately I myself learned the very hard way :( ).

Once you understand the basics, you'll have a better idea of what you really want / need.

When we started, we started head first -- had some very sour experiences but learned our lesson.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to come check out our tank, setup, and how it works etc. It's just wayy too much information to type everything to be honest :(

+1 on the visits to other reefers
also you're pretty close to the next meeting in Rockport on the 29th
you can meet & learn some helpful tips

Welcome to the family

Welcome to BRS!!!

One piece of advice that I got from this site is that everyone told me to go and get myself the book titled, "The Concientious Marine Aquarist." I think its around $30 brand new. I found myself a copy on Amazon.com for $5. It is pretty much the bible for marine aquarists. If you like to read then this book is a must.

Happy Reefing bro!

Thank you all for the welcomes and I will get the book I have looked at doing this and now it's time. So again thanks

+1 on the visits to other reefers
also you're pretty close to the next meeting in Rockport on the 29th
you can meet & learn some helpful tips

Welcome to the family

Correction-Newburyport, which is about 20-25 minutes from you. Click on the announcement above.

Welcome to BRS!!!

One piece of advice that I got from this site is that everyone told me to go and get myself the book titled, "The Concientious Marine Aquarist." I think its around $30 brand new. I found myself a copy on Amazon.com for $5. It is pretty much the bible for marine aquarists. If you like to read then this book is a must.

Happy Reefing bro!

FYI- there is a library of books owned by the club that can be signed out by paid members. There is also a light meter that goes around also to test your lighting for paid members.

Good Luck and welcome aboard again. Swing by the meeting and introduce yourself.

Hi Bob, nice meeting you last night! feel free to give me a call if you need any additional help or if you need help setting your new tank up! :)

Well I did made a deal tonight to buy a 75 gallon RR tank. It is still in operation so the logistics of getting it home is on deck,

Huge thank you to all an not to mention arch85, HuuTa and Jay's for allowing me to go to their homes and jay for his info on the relocate

Looking to post pics when i figure out how to

Bones

Tank Pics

Here are the pictures Hope this works

Well I did made a deal tonight to buy a 75 gallon RR tank. It is still in operation so the logistics of getting it home is on deck,

Huge thank you to all an not to mention arch85, HuuTa and Jay's for allowing me to go to their homes and jay for his info on the relocate

Looking to post pics when i figure out how to

Bones

Attachments

• 75 gallon tank.jpg
    75 gallon tank.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 75 gallon tank 3.jpg
    75 gallon tank 3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 75 gallon tank 2.jpg
    75 gallon tank 2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 355