Plumbing Diagram and Questions 180G Display 300g sump

I'm running a 300 gallon sump also on a 180gal reef tank and i found that it is a lot harder to pollute that kind of water volume. and a lot easier to do water changes with out having to shut down the system. i have 2 150 gallon rubber maid tubs, 1 is filled with live rock and the other i use to hold frags and my skimmer. my tank is doing much better with the extra water volume. i do a 50 gallon water change every 4 weeks. and i find that i can have more corals do to the extra water. most people dont have such big filters, but i think they spend more time tweeking the tank with chemicals to get it just right. i dont have time to be playing around. i use a calcium reactor, and add mag. and some coral food once a week. my tank has never been better. as far as heating that amount of water my light's and pumps keep the tank quite warm and i run a chiller. i have 1 /300 watt heater set at 77 and i'v never see it come on. i also run a auto water top off that is hooked to a 50 gallon drum of ro water. because i have about 5 gallons of water that evaporates every 2 days. that's just my 2 cents. remember what works for one person may not work for another every system is different.

I'm running a 300 gallon sump also on a 180gal reef tank and i found that it is a lot harder to pollute that kind of water volume. and a lot easier to do water changes with out having to shut down the system. i have 2 150 gallon rubber maid tubs, 1 is filled with live rock and the other i use to hold frags and my skimmer. my tank is doing much better with the extra water volume. i do a 50 gallon water change every 4 weeks. and i find that i can have more corals do to the extra water. most people dont have such big filters, but i think they spend more time tweeking the tank with chemicals to get it just right. i dont have time to be playing around. i use a calcium reactor, and add mag. and some coral food once a week. my tank has never been better. as far as heating that amount of water my light's and pumps keep the tank quite warm and i run a chiller. i have 1 /300 watt heater set at 77 and i'v never see it come on. i also run a auto water top off that is hooked to a 50 gallon drum of ro water. because i have about 5 gallons of water that evaporates every 2 days. that's just my 2 cents. remember what works for one person may not work for another every system is different.

I'm running a 300 gallon sump also on a 180gal reef tank and i found that it is a lot harder to pollute that kind of water volume.............

Thanks, That is the kind of feed back I was looking for.

Do you have any pics of your sump setup?

Back