Random tank pics

Its 1 1/4 all around but good thinking, ill see what home depot has tomorrow

Hmmm, now ya got me thinking Matt, I could have it as wide as I wanted off of the T

How about something like this with a 2" to 1 1/4" reducer? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454284466.344295.jpg

Might work but I'd be concerned it was too restrictive, I looked around the other day and all they had was metal ones of those

Thoughts???
I need to drill the t and get end caps still, and drill those
Think it will allow enough water through?

Sch 80 pipe and fittings, at least inside the tub, would blend right in color wise compared to the white on black.

Thoughts???
I need to drill the t and get end caps still, and drill those
Think it will allow enough water through?

I would worry about those holes clogging. It can clog pretty fast with algae if the hole are not big enough. There is alot of holes but they are all at the same level so they all will clog a the same time. If it was me I would just leave the ends open. Unless you plan on putting small enough fish in there. If so then I would add drain strainers at each end.

Ya this will just be big fish, rock, and coral, for now lol
Looks small but it's 1 1/4 pipe w 3/8th holes drilled
I'm gonna give it a shot, can always adjust later

Ya this will just be big fish, rock, and coral, for now lol
Looks small but it's 1 1/4 pipe w 3/8th holes drilled
I'm gonna give it a shot, can always adjust later

What if you laid the T down on a table saw set to like 1/2 inch or so, and ran it across vertically every 1/2 inch or so apart to create small vertical slits? That would give a weir-type overflow that might be less prone to clogging. You just might have to play with the depth of the blade to get the slits right. That would also allow a more uniform flow since I'm sure that it's hard to drill a perfectly level line of holes without a drill press and some kind of jig to hold the PVC.

Just seeing this now coal miner, great minds think alike bud!
Never doubt a man w a dremel and a bit of alcohol!!!
Ta, dah!!!!

Maybe water in this bad boy this weekend!!!!

Ignore the minecraft and mixel books/toys lol
My son loves that stuff

Just seeing this now coal miner, great minds think alike bud!
Never doubt a man w a dremel and a bit of alcohol!!!
Ta, dah!!!!

Maybe water in this bad boy this weekend!!!!

That's alot better there is no way that's clogging. Looks awesome can't wait to see it filled with water.

Ok so didn't have to work or anything today so I decided to get some h2o in the trough

I'm going to get it full and all levels up to the display level before running other lines to the existing sump

I'm way too impatient, hurry up!!

Got tons of rock to add, just waiting

Half a brute barrel of Tonga branch

Was pokin round the tank before the lights go off, snapped a few pics

Back