Replacement Jebao Power Supply?

wpeterson

BRS Member
I have two Jebao DC-9000 pumps which I use as a return pump. Last week, the power supply on the primary pump failed and I had to swap them.

The backup pump is working fine and I've moved the brick of the power supply outside of the cabinet to an area I hope it can cool better - but ambient temperatures in our house are often over 80 degrees. I'm afraid this one may also overheat and fail.

Any advice on buying a more resilient, replacement power supply? I know very little about electrical engineering and what might cause one power supply to fail vs. another.

Here's a picture of the spec of the 24v 5a power supply driving the pump:

2015-06-26%2022.17.47.jpg

Mine failed on me as i well. I would assume some one please correct me if im wrong but any power supply with same specs should work

I am not an electrical engineer, but I believe the correct answer is yes. Key that model number into the internet and do a search.

Mine failed on me as i well. I would assume some one please correct me if im wrong but any power supply with same specs should work

http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Guanyuda-Power/6008840029303/pdtl/AC-DC-Adapter/1045868987.htm

http://fsgve.en.alibaba.com/product/628826739-0/GM150_1201000.html

I know your out in Calli, but give Love The Reef a call as they are a distributor.

Are you concerned that the power supply is failing in the first place?

Are you concerned that the power supply is failing in the first place?

I am. I don't know if this was a failure due to cheap quality (which wouldn't be outside my experience with Jebao components).

I think it's more likely that it overheated. It died during a heatwave here and we don't have AC. It was 80 degrees or so overnight the night it died.

I swapped in a replacement DC-9000 with a fresh power supply, but I left the power brick outside the cabinet in a better ventilated area this time.

I don't want to draw too many conclusions about Jebao products, since you could argue both of my DC-9000 failures in the last month or so may have been my fault. I had a pump seize but was able to get it working again after some scrubbing and a vinegar bath. I suppose you could argue that the overheating may also have been my fault if that's what killed the power supply a month later.

It also seems you could argue that the build quality or tolerances of these are not that good. It looks like they released a relacement line of DCT model DC pumps in Jan/Feb after I purchased these.

Back