Schooling fish?

Awesome. I'll definitely look into getting them. It'll be nice to have a small group of them. My tank is only 4ft long so they'll at least be swimming near each other. Haha. Any suggestion on how many I should have or could have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id try seven or so. They get about silver dollar size.

Just to be sure I'm not soliciting sales I just felt the need to provide another way. If you buy 15 chromis at $5 each($75)and 9 die($45) then you pay $75 for 6 fish at $12.50 each. Or you can get 6 for $10 or $15 each that LIVE! Either way you pay about the same.

Id try seven or so. They get about silver dollar size.

Just to be sure I'm not soliciting sales I just felt the need to provide another way. If you buy 15 chromis at $5 each($75)and 9 die($45) then you pay $75 for 6 fish at $12.50 each. Or you can get 6 for $10 or $15 each that LIVE! Either way you pay about the same.

Haha it's alright. The information is very helpful. Another question. With freshwater fish I always had to add only about 2-3 fish at one time because if I added anymore it would overload the system and the ammonia would spike and kill the fish. So how should I add 7 chromis? I've read somewhere before that if you add new fish of the same family after other fish have already been established that it'll make them fight or something. So should I add 7 at one time? Or should I add 2-3 at different times to get 7?

Red hawk fish ?? I know they do not school but do hang out in their own way, I bought three red hawk fish (Lyretail hawks) had them in QT for 4 weeks looking for a pair but they all seemed to get along so decided to put all 3 in the display and they still hang out together, when you see one you will find them all. They are interesting to watch the way they stick to the rocks, their interactions and the way their eyes move always watching is neat.

The liveaquaria site said this about them "It may be grouped with other Red Hawkfish if all are introduced to the aquarium at the same time and if there is adequate room available. Although it eats small fish and shrimp, it can make an excellent reef inhabitant under the right conditions. It uses anemones and large-polyped corals for protection."

I am looking forward to seeing how they behave long term in the DT but so far I am enjoying them and I am a bit of an overfeeder so hopefully my shrimps do not disappear.

Haha it's alright. The information is very helpful. Another question. With freshwater fish I always had to add only about 2-3 fish at one time because if I added anymore it would overload the system and the ammonia would spike and kill the fish. So how should I add 7 chromis? I've read somewhere before that if you add new fish of the same family after other fish have already been established that it'll make them fight or something. So should I add 7 at one time? Or should I add 2-3 at different times to get 7?

Definitely add at the same time

Definitely add at the same time

How would I add 7 fish at one time? I have a 90g display and the whole system is probably around 120-130g. I wouldn't have enoufh bacteria to cover that kind of bioload right? Can I fit 7 chromis in a small qt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would heed Pat's advice(AquaAddict) and go with the blue reef chromis. They seem more peaceful and are actually very nice looking fish.

Red spot cardinals school.

You can keep a bunch of PJ cards too but they won't necessarily school.

Same for a trio of Dartfish.

Even though.less aggressive than damsels Chromis school will likely soon be 1 or maybe 2.

Back