good schooling fish

The redspot cardinals I got from Skiptons are great. They school and are similar to freshwater neons.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/4951/product.web

They are not known as the greatest of shippers from what I read on RC. I have already lost two of them for unknown reasons as they seemed very healthy and eat well. I have then in a 2'x2' cube type aquarium and space does not seem a issue with them.

ive seen the blue spot cardinals (sometimes called blue lined) and theyre a neat schooling fish. Their spot is over the eye.

i personally have PJ cards and I like them. not quite rare as redspots or as cheap as chromis but theyre almost bullet proof.

I don't know if its me 2 x I have picked up 9 chromis last time they slowly disappeared one at a time . I just got 9 more now I am down to five. You coul. d see they must have been fighting because one day one would have marks on them then they would just disappear.

I don't know if its me 2 x I have picked up 9 chromis last time they slowly disappeared one at a time . I just got 9 more now I am down to five. You coul. d see they must have been fighting because one day one would have marks on them then they would just disappear.

I have read many times on here that they tend to kill each other off one by one.

It wont matter what you choose for schooling fish if there not threatned by preaditors they will eventualy stop schooling(schooling is a defence mechinism in the vwild) and just meander around the tank without a worrie in the world.It took my school of blue-greens 16 count 4 months or so to de-school now having 4 or 5 together at the same time is rare.They hide quite good and you may think many are gone for weeks only to see all of them out and about.

i have a trio of lyretail antinhias very bright and swim in the open...... dont know why but my PBT thinks he is part of the school :rolleyes:

I have 2 bangaii cardinals and they hate eachother. The bigger one chases the smaller one all day. He hides under or in my frogspawn or in tiny holes in the rocks...

I have 3 Threadfin Cardinals that school together just fine. Matter of fact, my Picasso's ignore the 2 RBTA's and hang out and school with the cardinals most of the day :(

I have bought two batches of 6 each, and only two are still with me (out of 12). I had the same experience of them dying off one at a time. I've thought about buying one more, isolating him till he's fat and strong enough to hang with the two i already have, then putting him in the DT...

ditto with me, and I found a corpse to prove it................

Back