Sheet of coraline slid off wall

highfive52

FISH and CHIPS
This tank is driving me nuts. A sheet of coraline slid off back wall. The whole sheet. Numbers on Trident doubled checked with hannas and saliferts daily since nutrient issue being corrected. Also white spots on coraline FYI. Here are numbers. Any best guess would help. Very mixed reef. Pic here to see. Also getting polyp bailout. Thought nutrient defincy. Ready to light it on fire. Lol. Salt Tropic marin

Trident reads

Alk 8.78
Mag 1475
Calc 430

Hanna reads
Alk 9.2
Phos .10
Nitrates .10

Salifert
Mag 1350
Calc 440

Back story. No flatworm no bugs no slime no jelly. Just a slow burn with heads detaching still puffy and alive. Mostly torches and hammers and frog and gonis. Lost 90 percent.

Feeding has gone way up due to low nutrient but a patch of algae still remains in display.

Someone thought toxins from nems..carbon online. Gfo pulled offline.

It will go three days looking great and boom here we go again.

Pretty basic system. Sump skimmer fuge.

Seems it's happening on right side of tank. Turned lights down to see if that did anything. Nope.

Watched at night for sweepers and critters. Nope.

Changed out all chemicals additives and salt just in case.

Icp showed tin high. Everything all perfect. Went over and replaced pumps heaters. Ran poly it didn't change color.

Pulled all leathers thinking toxins. Stopped water changing out per advice on nutrient issue.

I'm at a loss. Any help much appreciated. Tank went from thriving to failing on a slow burn.

any more words of wisdom????? I'm really at a loss here. Started in spring.

Attachments

• 20211226_120224.jpg
    20211226_120224.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 183
You are changing alot fast......maybe instead of trying to do stuff...maybe let the stuff you already did work. If things were already starting to bail, sudden changes will surely make them bail. Maybe just let things settle....check for stray voltage.....but you just said you replaced everything so I dunno man O_O

Has nitrate always been below 1.0 ppm? I’m leaning towards low nutrients. My gonis and torches are not happy when nitrate gets too low (below 10ppm). Hope things swing around for you. I think lowering light intensity for the time being will help minimize stress on the corals as well due to low nutrients in water.

What’s down in sump? Slow down with changes. Use club par meter to check your lighting. Maybe more frequent water changes. I would not change lighting unless you were messing with it prior. What’s in sump?

You are changing alot fast......maybe instead of trying to do stuff...maybe let the stuff you already did work. If things were already starting to bail, sudden changes will surely make them bail. Maybe just let things settle....check for stray voltage.....but you just said you replaced everything so I dunno man O_

What’s down in sump? Slow down with changes. Use club par meter to check your lighting. Maybe more frequent water changes. I would not change lighting unless you were messing with it prior. What’s in sump?
Can't do water changes right now for last month because nutrients got really low. No no on water changes, it's killing me not to do it but the advice was to stop weekly over a month ago.

Sump has 30 pounds live rocks, skimmer, heater return pump chaeto. Ato n dosing lines n apex probes

Has nitrate always been below 1.0 ppm? I’m leaning towards low nutrients. My gonis and torches are not happy when nitrate gets too low (below 10ppm). Hope things swing around for you. I think lowering light intensity for the time being will help minimize stress on the corals as well due to low nutrients in water.
Been dropping cool whites slowly. May drop lights on acclimation mode in a week.

here is an interesting read where tin was found

here is one more, very interesting

100% WC is the solution. I ran a reefbowl for years this way weekly and never had a problem. It goes against all your training but a 100% WC is what the ocean does constantly. This will put you back on square one in regards to water quality. Don’t concern yourself with nutrient testing etc. do the 100% WC and pump the brakes on altering your husbandry. I bet if you did a 100% WC the tank would look pissed for a day and then perfect the next. Beautiful tank BTW.

After having numerous peeps test water and shaking their heads.... lights coming up TANG SHREDDING TORCH. Omg. Has he been the culprit the entire time. Might be time to remove. Omg

Back