something is biting my clam and acan

mbian112283

Non-member
A couple weeks ago I purchased a derasa clam from a member here. Everything went well it attached in one day to the rubble rock and within two days it was fully open and was happy. Yesturday I came down in the morning and noticed 4 bite marks out of the clams mantel and my 3 head acan down to one and it was all retracted.

I have not added any new livestock. I have a black and white clown, 2 yellow tail damsels and an algea blenny. I also have a clean up crew of skunk cleaner, peppermint shrimp, emerald crab and assorted snails and hermits.

One other thing was when I first moved the tank to my house I have a couple zoas that had a couple bites in but they healed and nothing touched them again.

I put something over the clam to protect it hopefully while it recovers

Forgot to mention it also released its bysall treads

Last edited:
If I had advice, I would have given you some. Very sorry for your loss. If you find out what it is, maybe you could post it so that you may help others.

Sorry for the clam thought some one had responded here I really have no clue. Do you have any angel fish? Supposedly they will eat those

Sorry for the clam thought some one had responded here I really have no clue. Do you have any angel fish? Supposedly they will eat those

No angel fish. I am guessing the algea blenny he is the only fish that picks at the rocks and glass but I have never seen bite coral. I also noticed a couple times once I covered the clam he appeared to be trying to get in each little hole.

Back