OK will take pics and hopefully chronical here to save to disk

new 240 picked up today

draining and no NO LEAKS!!!!!

noone here happy but me
they feel it is too much of a store tank and wont transform into a show tank

so 4x4x2 tenecor acrylic
lets see what we can do ;)

When are we brainstorming on options?
Gustavo and I were already talking about it today :)

Or should I call it beer-storming?

I'm bringing this over from RC.....
useless.gif

Dawn when are you moving the 120, i'm imagining thats a ways off but I want to come see the scaping before you do. I'll give you a shout on Sunday.

There is no way this tank is not going to turn out phenomenally. The location is perfect for side viewing and top down. Dawn already has enough rock to scape two tanks this size :)

I've been dying to try a scaping idea I had once upon a time . . .

I am open for whenever you are Rob
I will go take some pics in a few minutes

scratch that seems either that the camera has *hit the bed on me or EVERY battery in this house is DEAD

Jim you still following? when is good for you to comeby and give ideas and materials needed for stand?

Kevin I plan to move the 120 this week due to needing to finish floor under with the hardwoods I think it will be harder than I am thinking

just need my tutors here to give me a demo on buffing and to see what the rest of the damage is going to be

seeing my camera is dead here is a first pic from Bill whomI got it from
tank006.jpg

there are quite a few decent scratches they seem to be just surface scratches to me but are on both the inside and outside :(

Last edited:
is this the tank you were talking about when Sandi and i were over last weekend?

it looks like it's going to be great!!!

there are quite a few decent scratches they seem to be just surface scratches to me but are on both the inside and outside :(

you could probably use sand paper to buff them out... Iv read of doing that and it works. Are the scratches in the front, wear they are veiwable?

3 sides of this tank are fully viewable LOL

and I think 5 sides are scratched LOL

Andy not sure I dont think so unless you came over after I had gone to Jims ,I dont remember , but probably so cause I have said for the last year or so that I would love to get a 240 square to go there to anyone who would listen about any tank talk LOL

good thing about acrylic is you can always buff out the scratches.unfortunately they always scratch easy.

mickyb had some tanks he buffed out and they came out like new

I might be able to get over tommorrow depending how things go round here not sure yet , put some thought into what you are looking for design wise and style, stain or paint grade and we will work out the details when I see were your going to put it.

Jim my main concerns are I would like a shelf in it and to have the electrical attached/nailed to the side and a light color LOLthats about it as long as it holds the weight and is functionable I am good to go

Thats Easy enough ,Just have to decide on the flavor of wood Pine, oak, maple , cherry, birch. Sticking with a lite color a natural oak would be nice and durable.

UPDATE UMM CALL ME CRAZY !!!

tank has WATER!!!!!!

thank you Jim/Calciumbuf and Dave/smithcreek

we are well on our way now everything works no leaks OM is awesome
actually gonna 8way the 4 way as there is a hell of alotta flow and cant see turning down the pump as that is a waste of electricity/money :)

pics with be forthcoming just not sure about tonite need to seeif any are allready on the comp ;)

Back