Steel Stand Fabricators in the RI/CT/MA area?

NeverlosT

Engineer with a reefing problem
BRS Member
Anyone know of a reputable steel stand fabricator in the RI/CT/MA area? I have a design, just not the best welder. Interested in paying or bartering for a stand for my next build.

Thanks!

What about extruded aluminum?

1703808803099.jpeg

Allufab for the win on a beautiful stand i recently purchased a stand from them for my 750g display! Steel will rust!

+1 on the aluminum.
Very nice. I went with the same idea for my tank 150-180gal mine is 60x24, What size is that? It looks huge. Who did you go with for the stand? I used the same manufacturer as Tidal Gardens uses. Saved me $1000.00 for the other quotes.
That is the stand for my 270 gallon (6' x 3' foot print. Stand was from Framing Tech, was not cheap but is extremely sturdy. I wrapped mine with wood

1703824600901.jpeg

1703824632409.jpeg

1703824563850.jpeg

Must see pics!!!
I decided to go black it was cheaper and will wrap with wood the same way! I am very excited for this build going to update my build thread. Have reef assist coming tomorrow to scape it with me!

Attachments

• 20231105_223329.jpg
    20231105_223329.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 40
I was considering that, I was just afraid of price since I can likely make a steel one for ~$500.

What are you guys into those stands for (material only) if you dont mind sharing, or could PM me please?

My footprint is 72x30 and I want it relatively tall with feet.

Thanks!

I was considering that, I was just afraid of price since I can likely make a steel one for ~$500.

What are you guys into those stands for (material only) if you dont mind sharing, or could PM me please?

Thanks!
I am totally qualified to make and weld up a steel stand but didn't wanna deal with rust in a few years. Have seen them rust and drop rust in sumps... yea shipping on my sand was over your budget of 500 but quality and it lasting 20years makes it worth it. My stand is 120x48x32 and I love the adjustable legs to level it easy. If you want send me the height and will get you a quote.

Thanks!
and I think mine was like $2500 for the aluminim stand and another $1200 or so for me to do the wood surround and all the hardware to attach panels and stuff so probably close to 4k.

and I think mine was like $2500 for the aluminim stand and another $1200 or so for me to do the wood surround and all the hardware to attach panels and stuff so probably close to 4k.
Yea thats the ball park I might beable to save a few bucks but 2k for the skeleton sounds right.

Back