Steel stand skinned in wood for 70gal tech

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
I finally finished the stand for my 70gal Oceanic Tech tank. It's a steel stand with a plywood top and mdf sides. The front and side panels come completely off for more access.

Before I put the doors on

After doors

Thanks Nate!
stand_frame_painted-large.jpg

Now that is one sturdy stand. When I ever get a chance to do a bigger tank I want to do a custom steel stand also.

Very nice, I have always been a fan of the stand being bigger then the tank. Not only do you get more room underneath, but less water ends up on the floor from taking your hands in/out of the tank.

did you put adjustable feet on it, might be a good idea before you put water in it :)

Love the tank too, i want one, love to stop over sometime and see it, my SO lives in your hood.

No I decided the adjustable feet were too much work. I did use a few stick on feet so it wouldn't damage the hardwood floor. I used a few small pieces of wood to shim the side that was not level due to the floor. It's not much to look at yet but once I get some plumbing done and the hood/lights setup it should start coming together.

Nice job but steel and salt water can be a bad mix especially with a sump under, what did you finish it with? (powder coat can be one option).

Jim

A few layers of rustoleum primer followed by a few layers of rustoleum paint.

Hood complete but still needs lights installed. I can finally start cleaning up some of the tools and painting supplies!

Back