transporting fish on motorcycle

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
Hmm...is transporting fish in a cooler strapped to the back of a motorcycle in any way worse than what the ship would go through if ordered online and shipped?

I wonder how fish bought online are handled during shipping. Hmmm.

OOOOOO the rare Biker Blenny - from Fiji I beleive.....

I dont know man... I guess if the trip wasnt too far and you had a cushy cruiser for a bike.

I just have a mental image of a tiny cooler filled with fish puree' strapped to the back of a motocross bike......

Can you build a shock mount out of bungee's or surgical tubing? One of the clubs I used to DJ at had surgical tubing holding up the cd trays, to prevent them from skipping when the subwoofers hit hard.

I wonder how fish bought online are handled during shipping. Hmmm.

Lousy!
I wouldn't worry, the care that you will give will be far better than UPS, FedEX or god forbid when DHL gets ahold of a fish!

For example I was talking to a FEDEX rep on Friday about handleing etc... he said their standard is your package should withstand a 4' drop at any angle.

Unless you are talking a motocross bike I think you'll be all set:)

hehe...I just got through talking to a coworker who used to work in a UPS warehouse. He ensured me that my fish would get much better treatment on the back of my cruiser than they ever would while in the hands of the UPS guys.

The one thing I'd worry about is that a motorcycle is capable of accelerating much faster than anything else it will be exposed to in the shipping chain. So take it easy on the throttle.

Back