Tropic Marin Pro reef Issues | Condensed Threads

Another interesting axis of this story is that BRS was running huge black Friday sales on TM salt this year...After the issue was already being discussed on hobby forums and potentially after they had already been in communication with TM. It's hard to imagine that this sale wasn't motivated by them having literal tons of TM salt they knew would be difficult to sell when the news broke.

Another interesting axis of this story is that BRS was running huge black Friday sales on TM salt this year...After the issue was already being discussed on hobby forums and potentially after they had already been in communication with TM. It's hard to imagine that this sale wasn't motivated by them having literal tons of TM salt they knew would be difficult to sell when the news broke.
This is going to get huge. And the statement wait. In the legal field I'm waiting for news the file for insolvency. Class action coming for sure.

Freshly mixed batch of Tropic Marin Pro from Turkey showing 0.03 copper. I did a control on my Rodi water that tested negative at 0.00 is this a dangerous level for my corals? I've been using this stuff for months

Attachments

• 20220203_185838.jpg
    20220203_185838.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 133
there’s more than that in there tin, aluminum and other metals I even arsenic

already have a return label from saltwateraquarium.com

Danny, Hanna Copper Tester is quite inaccurate and may even be inconsistent. as to how much of the reading is actually copper. I believe it reacts to copper amongst other things. I got the same scare before when I first got the tester. I ran Cuprisorb for a few days and it did not turn color and tank was generally ok. I had a cleaner shrimp died around the same time but that could be coincidental. If I remember correctly my readings were higher, in the 0.2 range. I remember going through more than 20 reagents trying to isolate the source but the results were so inconsistent that nothing was conclusive.

Danny, Hanna Copper Tester is quite inaccurate and may even be inconsistent. as to how much of the reading is actually copper. I believe it reacts to copper amongst other things. I got the same scare before when I first got the tester. I ran Cuprisorb for a few days and it did not turn color and tank was generally ok. I had a cleaner shrimp died around the same time but that could be coincidental. If I remember correctly my readings were higher, in the 0.2 range. I remember going through more than 20 reagents trying to isolate the source but the results were so inconsistent that nothing was conclusive.
Thanks Ben, im questioning my water change I'm supposed to do tomorrow.

Back