trying to build a stand for my 75 gallon

stanski13

Non-member
hey guys so im trying to make a stand for my 75 gallon and was wondering if anyone has made one for this size? im trying to find out the right demensions for the tank to fit. im going to be putting a sump underneath so i need room for that too. Any help would be appreciated!! thanks

I think you have a lot of variables to consider when building a stand from scratch. Most stands I have seen built by DIY are framing and then finished off to look like a cabinet. For a 75 you can use 2x4 construction and then finish however you like. Would be a good idea if you have the sump and other components you want to use prior to building the stand.

Yes I do have my tank already. Haha I'm getting confused on what I need to get first. Get my tank drilled and over flow or start my stand or get my sump and then buil the stand. Me and my dad can easily put together a nice stand..... I hope

i'd get the stand built first so you can see where the holes to be drilled should be. just use 2x4's to make a box and you'll be fine for the stand. Use some plywood to make doors and walls and use trim where you see fit. You can use metal brackets at joints and corners if you feel it needs it but with a 75 gallon it's not 100% necessary just a precaution. Then get your tank drilled where you want it. A 55 gallon sump or bigger would be nice on a 75...could get away with a 40 or something though so just plan accordingly.

Back