What can I start adding

aha24

Non-member
Now that my tank is cycled and I have had my clean up crew for a week . I have 2 blue/green chropmis in the display tank & 2 black & gold chromis in the sump "for now" ....
What can I start putting in? :confused:

I like Killer Whales. I heard there pretty tolerant of new tank conditions :)

If you can find a good price on Mermaids let me know...I'll splitt shipping with you!!!

What do you want? Fish only? SPS? LPS, Soffties? What size is your tank. What equipment do you have? Sump, Lighting, Skimmer etc. etc. This info will help with recomendations.

I need to replace this one, she didn't acclimate well :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2003_0504mermaid0001 (Custom).JPG
    2003_0504mermaid0001 (Custom).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 189
wait, we are supposed to put things IN our tanks???? And I thought after the cycle we just spent boatloads of money on more equipment...

Lets try and be helpful in this forum, folks.
A wise crack once in a while is fine, but remember Aha24 is looking for good advice.
On the other hand, we should not be devoid of humor.
I guess what I'm trying to say is lets not let the jokes drown out the advice.

I am thinking if you want to start adding fish may this is a good time to add a clown of you are wanting to get one. When I started and my tank was finished cycling a clown is the 1st fish I started with. They are pretty hardy and a bit funner to watch that a damsel.

If you are looking to add some corals maybe some assorted mushroooms, they are also hardy.Important thing is to start adding SLOWLY, maybe one fish every week or so.

I do want clowns and I was thinking I would like to get 2 as infants. Ray had given me a leather frag but it did not make it.

aha24 said:
I do want clowns and I was thinking I would like to get 2 as infants. Ray had given me a leather frag but it did not make it.

Thats cool, add 2 clowns and then wait 2 weeks or so and monitor the water conditions. If they do well after 2 weeks then maybe add another fish type.

I wouldn't spend a lot of $ on any particular fish at this point though.

It will be difficult to envisage right now,but if you want this to be a full blown thriving reef,then you should think ,and study very carefully before adding fish.For example clownfish are great fish but in a reef tank they can be a real problem,sometimes causing the death of a coral.
I am sure most on these boards have had many problems with certain fish,but there are also some awesome reef fish available(clown fish though are not one of them IMO :) )
-Liam.

I would like a sand siffting star, lownmower blenny,tang .... SPS? LPS, Soffties? I know I would like some just dont know the difference

Personaly, for fish I like just a couple large fish and lots of little Gobies and small schooling or dither fish. I just started to stock a 75. I got 2 small gold stripe neon (sharknose goby)cleaner gobies and 3 yellow assessors. I'm trying to stay patient and add the most docile fish first and then add the more agresive,territorial fish last...so now I have my first....and last, a purple tang hanging out in my other tank until this ones ready for him.

I'm considering a predator tank for my next project. Some of the aggressive fish are cool to watch also.
There are plenty of Clowns to choose from. Read up on them before you decide which. I love watching my Tomato hanging out in the BTA's. Some clowns may or may not host. I understand it may be advisable to get from multiple sources to let the genes breath but defiantly get small so they will pair.

Back