What can I start adding

I like the idea of going from the docile fish first so basically its there home before you start adding the more aggresive fish.

One Eye said:
Personaly, for fish I like just a couple large fish and lots of little Gobies and small schooling or dither fish. I just started to stock a 75. I got 2 small gold stripe neon (sharknose goby)cleaner gobies and 3 yellow assessors. I'm trying to stay patient and add the most docile fish first and then add the more agresive,territorial fish last...so now I have my first....and last, a purple tang hanging out in my other tank until this ones ready for him.

There are lots of great fish you could put in your tank now. I'd start with buying Scott Michael's "Marine Fishes" book. This pocket-sized reference is THE place to go when considering adding any fish to your reef tank. I would honestly consider this a must have for any reefer.

Next I'd start to come up with some ideas for not just one fish, but a whole tank-full of fish that you'd like to eventually add. Sometimes it's important to add one fish before or after another fish to avoid behavior problems or territoriality. So a rough draft idea of the full stocking list can be helpful. Think about the different niches members of your stock list will fill in your tank, like sand dwellers (shrimp gobies for instance), rockwork swimmers (lots of fish in this category), and fish that spend most of their time in the water column (like your chromis). Try to distribute your stocking list between these areas, and the fish will fill out the tank more evenly. :)

Nate

I'll see what I can find for Mermaids :D I love the killer whales I havent ever seen one in real life tho- someday I'll get to seaworld

One Eye said:
By the way, sorry about the whale thing....and I'll still splitt shipping for MERMAIDS :D :p :D

By the way, you might want to look for a different type of star fish. The sand-sifting stars are considered by many to strip the sand of important critters too quickly. Then they starve.

Nate

Well put Nate TY . I will try to find that book also.

NateHanson said:
There are lots of great fish you could put in your tank now. I'd start with buying Scott Michael's "Marine Fishes" book. This pocket-sized reference is THE place to go when considering adding any fish to your reef tank. I would honestly consider this a must have for any reefer.

Next I'd start to come up with some ideas for not just one fish, but a whole tank-full of fish that you'd like to eventually add. Sometimes it's important to add one fish before or after another fish to avoid behavior problems or territoriality. So a rough draft idea of the full stocking list can be helpful. Think about the different niches members of your stock list will fill in your tank, like sand dwellers (shrimp gobies for instance), rockwork swimmers (lots of fish in this category), and fish that spend most of their time in the water column (like your chromis). Try to distribute your stocking list between these areas, and the fish will fill out the tank more evenly. :)

Nate

Like Nate said, The fish in the water collum will always be visible and add motion. The little guys that I tend to like better tend to hide. What I like is just when someone thinks they've seen everything in your tank...out pops a Goby. Or small Blenny. You can also add more for your bio-load buck. The dither fish are the rock work swimmers...many cool fish there, Anthias,Asessors, Flasher and Filament Wrasses.....also small and lower bio-load.

And I also will NOT add any Clown fish to this tank. It's sps only no anenomes or softies for them to host. And many are just plane mean. I have a pair of Tomato Clowns that I have to have someone keep away from me with a stick when I work in THIER tank.

ugg I am getting hammered about the clownfish advice :( it worked for me though I must admit with my false percula.

I actually want the false or true percula's

Kevin McG said:
ugg I am getting hammered about the clownfish advice :( it worked for me though I must admit with my false percula.

Kevin, clowns are cool. Not hammering you. I have 2 different pairs in 2 other tanks. I just don't want to deal with anenomes stinging my sps or the aggresive behavior from many of the clowns. Not that they hurt when they hit you. They just wait....you think your ok...you forget about the little (insert surperlative)....then Bang...elbow hits lights...hand takes out nice blue tort colony....now your trying to choke a fish...the wife's lookin at you, the kids are scared...why's Daddy cursing at the fish Mommy.......

I'm not hammering either(just tapping lightly :D ).I was just sharing the problems i have had with clowns.The tomato's seem to have the attacking attitude ,but the more common problems i have had is that they never want to host in the anemome ,its always ,the clam ,open brain,xenia,alveopora,goniopora.And with the exception of the damn xenia the coral always suffers and i have lost several :mad:

I would go with all small fish and maybe 1 or 2 larger ones like Darren said. I am in the process of downgrading my fish to smaller ones.....if I can ever catch the anthias you can HAVE them

Ray said:
I would go with all small fish and maybe 1 or 2 larger ones like Darren said. I am in the process of downgrading my fish to smaller ones.....if I can ever catch the anthias you can HAVE them
don't you like the anthias Ray?

Back