What company will Bertram Capital buy next

coralfishreef

BRS Member
23AF1294-60D4-4B91-BF5E-E428EF34F797.jpeg

My guess is Kessil. Because their target is us based company with $20 million or more revenue with at least $5 million earnings before tax etc. Despite Kessil is a Taiwanese company, they may want to sell off its US business.

Neptune brings aquarium controllers and automation, lights, powerheads, return pumps, and dosing pumps.

Ecotech (and AI) brings lights, powerheads, return pumps, and dosing pumps.

Innovative Marine would bring mainly tanks and stands, but also heaters, return pumps, and misc IM gadgets.

My vote is on WWC even though WWC isn’t a hardware company.

I am not sure if WWC can reach 20 million sales per year. I think Liveaquaria may be a better candidate before WWC.
This is all hearsay, but I was speaking with someone this past year that knows them pretty well and they were saying that WWC is doing a million plus per month. Again this is through the he grapevine but time will tell.

The problem that most have with a investment company taking on all these companies is that they are looking for profit not consumer appreciation. They’re goal is numbers , if they don’t get them they will just dump these companies on the street

The problem that most have with a investment company taking on all these companies is that they are looking for profit not consumer appreciation. They’re goal is numbers , if they don’t get them they will just dump these companies on the street
They will likely take all "love of the hobby" aspects out of the decision making process. Probably good business sense, but not exactly community building.

It's a shame because even though BRS turned it's YouTube videos into a massive string of reef infomercials, I do think that their model was to grow the hobby (and their customer base) by trying to get everyone to be successful.

A central management strategy could mean synergy, but it could also mean that the companies are collectively run into the ground.

Back