What would make you come to the meetings?

Do you mean club members selling? Since attandence is down trying to convince a bunch of people to spend the time to set up to compete for the business of the 30 or so attendees would be tough. I wouldn't do it.
Lol looks like I'm going to do exactly this. I have never set up at a show and this year I'll be selling at FFM so I figured this would be a good opportunity to work out the kinks of setting up and breaking down.

Looks like 2 others are going to set up tanks too. So this is a great chance for the community to prove me wrong.

Lets hope all goes well! The december meeting normally has higher attendance because... ya know free food and the swap.

• One thing that could help with the distance would be to find venues that are right off the highway. Some of our venues are 15 minutes from the highway exit which makes the trip longer for everyone. Even better if the venue is close to the intersection of two highways.
  • Four hours is a long time, and I find that a good chunk of the time feels like people are just milling around. I wonder if we could have a "core meeting" that ran for closer to two hours with perhaps "meet and greet" beforehand, and some informal time afterwards. I know there are times when I don't have the full 4 hours that I would show up if I knew that the core meeting would start exactly at, say 12:30 and be done by 2:30. Starting on time would be important, in my opinion.
  • Blackworms! If someone showed up selling blackworms, wild horses couldn't keep me away from the meeting :)

Also as I am on other sites I see vendors like Jason Fox, Battle Corals, and other going to local frag swaps are there any local guys like that?

We have Acro Garden, frag freaks Love the Reef and other local stores that have sponsored shows in the past. If a sponsor does an event we don’t allow member tanks or others set up as they sponsor the meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big vendors aren't going to come to a meeting with 30 people. You might see bigger names at the frag show if the new bod elects to do it again next year

Some DIY events...how to wire lighting, build a stand, aquascape (using rods and/cement), reactors, plumbing techniques, build a sump, etc.

Back