Whats wrong with my Clown Fish? *pics*

amallapaty

Non-member
Whats wrong with my clown fish?

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm not good with fish diseases but maybe i can try.

Is this a pair of clowns? Do they fight? Only cause in the pics they appear similar in size.

If they aren't fighting then most other fish leave them alone, they are a damsel after all.

Try the fish diseases forum on RC?

The pictures are of the same fish...its the only one in my tank. But right now I put him in another tank just cause i was hoping he would get better. But its been more than a week now, and nothings changed. I have been putting that "garlic concentrate" cause i thought that would help but still no luck... dont' know what to do. Any ideas?

looks like excess slime coat. If he is swimming normally and eat normally, I will just leave it alone.

I would suspect brook too. Is it a wild caught clown? Where and when did you get it? How long has the tank been set up? Is he breathing faster than normal? And last question, is he eating?

i think its more then slime coat, some type of irritation of course.... I dont think its major, at least right now....

On other fish if I saw the same thing I would question if they got stung by something...but I have no idea...

Let us know how it does.

I know its tank bred... and ive had it for around 5 months. It started getting the "slim" a couple weeks ago, and yes its eating

Have you put any other fish i in that 5 months without a QT period? Also, is he like this all day or is this a night time shot?

Many fish including clowns have a nighttime coloration that looks white and splotchy like that, but I think something more may be going on with yours. It could have easilly gotten something from the damsel that is only now getting bad.

i was under the impression that velvet (Oödinium) produces white pustules on the fish that are much finer than the spots seen with Ich.
basically the fish would be covered in these things..very very small...

you could try to treat with maracyn or similiar antibiotic.

if it's brook, i believe formalin is the preferred treatment method...

i agree with nate and armando. it looks like marine velvet. i don't think it's brooklynella because it's usually a quick-acting disease that will likely kill the fish within a week or so. try the RC disease forum. there are a couple people there who are very knowledgeable regarding diseases and can give you possible solutions.

for reference,,here is a pic that shows a fish with velvet..there will be very tiny white dots covering the fish...

Attachments

• velvet.jpg
    velvet.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 667
Back