whats wrong?!?!?!

Skimmer is not doing much, not super foamy like it can be either... could that tell you something? I tried to dial it more wet to try and pull something out.
Water smells normal.
i changed the carbon after I came home.

Do 100% water change, twice. Dump all the old water. Hope this help.

haha, yea, I could use some pre mixed warmed water right now.

I've done the "oh crap, I've got lotion on" thing more than once before, it does not cause a problem except with the skimmer...

it definatly has to be something in the water with things starting to look better after the first 10 gallons. lucky for me its only 20 gallons & does not take way to long to make

Use tap water if you run out of RO. It is better than poisoness water in the tank. Then you can do another water change after you generate more RO.

I've got 60 gal of salt water made up right now. If you need it, feel free to come and get some.
My phone is on my webpage.
M.

I only have 1-3 gallons of RO made up, I wish I had more ready:eek:

If you need any salt, heaters. etc.anything pm me.

Good luck.

Is your alk usually at that level? 8 sounds a bit low to me, so if you normally keep it higher, the drop could stress things out that way.

Yes the alk was alittle low, I usually keep it at 9 but its been around 8 for a few weeks now, it was not a drastic overnight dip in alk.

Things seemed stable this morning!!!!! I'm so relieved, no more resession on the pink table, I've only got 3 branches left & my frag'ed branch but it shows it has stopped. The little clown is still alive & swimming to.

Yes the alk was alittle low, I usually keep it at 9 but its been around 8 for a few weeks now, it was not a drastic overnight dip in alk.

Things seemed stable this morning!!!!! I'm so relieved, no more resession on the pink table, I've only got 3 branches left & my frag'ed branch but it shows it has stopped. The little clown is still alive & swimming to.

That low shift in Kh I would doubt is the cause. I've had it drop for over a week to as low as mid 6's & as long as you bring it up slow it is fine. (well in my experiences)

Right, That was my thought exactly brian. First thoughts were maybe its the alk, but 8 is still in the semi normal range (granted at the bottom) High alk would cause more problems than low alk...

I personally think someone had to spray or drop something in my ro water or something to that effect, & they were to embarrased or afraid to tell me when I ask.

A friend also mentioned possible sandbed crash, but thats only a year old & I have a cuke, nass snails & I syphon the top layer every few months.

Sorry I didn't see your post last night. You should have stopped by for water. I can get about 2.5 gallons per hour out of my RODI.

Seriously stop by if you need stuff like this, I'd be happy to help.

Right, That was my thought exactly brian. First thoughts were maybe its the alk, but 8 is still in the semi normal range (granted at the bottom) High alk would cause more problems than low alk...

I personally think someone had to spray or drop something in my ro water or something to that effect, & they were to embarrased or afraid to tell me when I ask.

A friend also mentioned possible sandbed crash, but thats only a year old & I have a cuke, nass snails & I syphon the top layer every few months.
Sometimes you will never find an answer no matter how hard you try & how much you want to!!!! Believe me.....I know!!!!! Jov, You may very well had an issue with chemical warefare. Corals do emit chemicals seldom or when they feel threatened...It's there line of defense.....
Just food for thought!!!!
B

Any toxic creatures in there that could have gotten stressed and squirted something yucky in the water? cowfish? sea apple? etc.

Nope...nope... just the cuke, & he's well & pooping out sand :)

Everything seems to be stable now except my favorite little clown fish, he is still swimming funny & wont eat. now to find out whats wrong with him & fix him :(

Back