When, Where and Who was speaking?

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
I'm just curious to see where member's had 1st experienced Boston Reefers Society. My 1st meeting was January 28, 2006 at Knights of Columbus in north Quincy, Ma. Joe Yaiullo was the speaker, he gave a great presentation of Atlantis Marine World. I was pretty busy being occupied by my 2 daughters ages 4 and 2 at the time. I think I spent most of the meeting in the hallway entertaining them. Marc from Marco Rocks was there selling some stuff. This is where I bought a nice piece of rock and some cleaning towels. I met some really amazing people there and before this I remeber going to MACNA in Boston. This was a great day for me and my family, I was really green to the hobby and don't know what exactly happened but, I do remeber seeing people like David Saxby, Sanjay Joshi, Marc Levenson ( Melev ) and other people that I had only read about. I remeber one of the vendors in the tent outside had a raffle every hour or so, and took home all kinds of stuff. I think all in all, I left there with a greater understanding and more of an appreciation of this hobby. At times I have not had a tank setup, but I knew from that day forward I'd always have a place for reefkeeping!:)

I think my 1st meeting was the DIY meeting.. great stuff. Learned a lot there.. I remember i learned all about building overflows.

my first meeting was a few months ago with our own Dave Mcreeferson demonstration on building a tank. the one that was at cra.

i havent made it to a meeting yet just joined this year (03-16-2010) but have read alot and learned alot from people posting here

i havent made it to a meeting yet just joined this year (03-16-2010) but have read alot and learned alot from people posting here

Come Saturday, should be a good meeting and there will be a lot of good deals to be had

Details on the yellow notice at the top of the page

I think my first meeting was the auction.+1 you should come on Saturday its a short ride from Quincy down rt 24.

My first meeting was the April 05 meeting in the Wakefield library. The place was packed, I think that was the last BRS meeting held there.

I think my first meeting was an auction where I was excited to win xenia. Also I Think it was at a hotel in waltham or nedham or some ham at the end of 2003. I Purchased my first lps frag from thisisme (a hammer which I still have a piece of today). IIRC the presentation was about water parameters ie. calcium and alk...not sure who the speaker was.

My first meeting was the one at CRA in spring of 02. The speaker was from one of the reef lighting companies, I forget which, maybe aquamedic. He was presenting on the newest rage in reefing, the double ended MH lamp :)

IIRC there were only about 25-30 people attending. I have to admit, it was a lot easier to be the new guy when the club was that small. I remember (or at least I think I remember it from that particular meeting) meeting Moe, Joe Scavo, Marco, Jake, Joe (Jmac), and several other people. Frag swaps back then for the most part were not pre-arranged, so it was more like a little farmer's market in Jeremy's parking lot. I traded away my first couple of frags, and ended up with a small cooler of freebies that people were happy to give away.

wow this thread is pretty cool, i love the de bulbs being the "newest" thing in 2002, my first meeting was the one at umass boston in i think 2006, and Randy Holmes farrely was the Speaker, i bought one of my first sps frags a pink birdsnest from Dawn.......and i believe i won a b-Ionic kit and had no clue to what it was.

Back