Where to buy a LARGE tank, in the area.

grendel

Non-member
So I bought a very large tank, but it won't be set up for a while, as I need to finish out the basement.

I've been eying an Angel and I could do a decent sized in wall (400-500g) and attach it to my system.

Once the main tank is up, I can transfer my FOWLR contents to it and convert the FOWLR to my reef tank, getting rid of the 155.

I've been reading the big tank threads over on Reefcentral, but it seems that most of the inexpensive manufacturers are on the west coast. I'd like to go with glass, Starfire on two sides.

Thoughts?

My 155 is from Aquariums for You. I bought my large display from them, but like I said, I need to finish out the basement first, which is taking far longer than anticipated. It seems to be pretty tough to build several rooms around a 12'x4'x6' tank!

How about Glasscages? Are you happy with your purchase, if you bought it from them?

I was looking at a large custome tank a few years ago. While I never purchased from them, I read plenty of good feedback on them at RC. It was Miracles in Glass, out of Canada. They quoted a reasonable price even with shipping.

http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/

I guess I'm confused, sounds like you already purchased the large tank...no.

Jim

I did.

The plan is to find a 4-500G to to do a FOWLR in which I set up the Really Large Tank that can't be built until the basement's finished.

Then move my 155g reef into the 4-500G :)

I saw a large starfire tank at reefers house in CT that was made by Miracles in Glass. They're located in Toronto so it would be quite a drive, but still drivable. They also ship.

The tank looked incredible, and he said the price was reasonable for a tank of that size from a reputable manufacturer.

After seeing his tank I would definitely get a quote from Miracles if I was in the market.

Last edited:
Back