Whose never been to a meeting?

I havent been to a meeting and would if meetings were held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jeff ? You?re missing the point entirely. I am not saying put up or shut up I am asking if anyone who has participated in this discussion is willing to step up and run for office. It doesn?t make anyone any less of a member if they don?t. It helps the BRS if they do.

Election before last nobody ran for Secretary, Roby was volunteered for that position but when he opened his store that position essentially went unfilled. Last election wasn?t even an election. Announcements were made about upcoming elections, nobody volunteered to run, so the ?election? consisted of Moe standing up at the Feb meeting asking those present to say ?aye? if they agreed with keeping the existing Officers adding me as the Secretary.

Nobody in the BRS has a choice for who they think represents their ?vision? of the BRS. It is all that can be done to get people who are willing to even take an office. A member's choice generally is ?do we elect the person volunteering to do the job or do we leave the position empty?. Very few people have the desire to help run the BRS, it?s a job, a difficult one at times and most everyone already has one or two jobs that they actually get paid to do. The BRS has been very lucky to date in finding a handful of people who are so fanatical about this hobby and this group that they are willing to spend the extra time (taking alot of time out of their personal lives) to run the BRS.

I used to fall into the volunteer category. I was the Secretary for nearly a year, I produced a bunch of newsletters and I helped with MACNA. I wanted to continue helping, get back to making newsletters, get the meetings into appropriate venues etc. Now I don?t know where I fit, probably don?t fit at all actually just not willing to give up yet.

So I?m not telling you to stop saying anything. I?m just saying that your voice is louder if you?re an officer or BOD member.

Back