Whose got personality?

Briko03

Non-member
Ok folks, I am trying to plan out my reef tank fish and I am looking for a few good fish that people tend to agree on have some personality. I was hoping to make my tank the social scene of the reef. But seriously....any suggestions???:cool:

My purple tangs are off the hook, with personality, especially my elder one... but im not.sure what size ur tank is, so these may not be a good option... ive also always loved blennies, these guys are awesome amd chock full of personality... my sixline is also quite the little socialite, and clowns are also very much and interactive fish, although i dont care for clowns much... GL

My only hesitation on the jawfish would be if he sets up shop in the back of the tank :-(

Yeah mine always stayed out front. He liked to hang out where the action was. Also, they like to decorate the opening to their burrow so if you put a few small pebbles in front of where you'd like him that may help him pick that spot. They barricade themselves in at night with the rocks.

thats a good size.....yea i miss my jawfish......kinda think of it...anyone selling one? i think im going to order one next week...i havnt seen any lfs with one.....thinking if i should go for a dusky jawfish, tiger jawfish or blue spotted jawfish.....i had a dusky.....it also funny how they grab there food.......they come out of there cave, snatch the food and quickly go back in there cave

I have been looking for another Pearly too. They are very hardy. Never had a Dusky but did have a Blue Spot that didn't last. :(

blue spotted are really nice......why didnt it last?

I'm not exactly sure, maybe brooklynella. I QT'd it first, knowing they were delicate. Seemed fine for a few weeks - made a nice cave for himself and was eating very well. Then one day I was watching the tank and all of a sudden he just started doing backward loops all over the place. He was dead before I could even get a net in there to get him out. :( It was extremely fast and absolutely heart-breaking to watch. All other fish were fine and I could never find any change in the water parameters that would have caused it.

Others have had better luck with them, I'm sure but I don't want to see that happen ever again so I'm sticking with Pearlys.

Though I should add, I never saw any outward brook symptoms...his body was normal and he had been eating great.

My purple tangs are off the hook, with personality, especially my elder one... but im not.sure what size ur tank is, so these may not be a good option... ive also always loved blennies, these guys are awesome amd chock full of personality... my sixline is also quite the little socialite, and clowns are also very much and interactive fish, although i dont care for clowns much... GL

Could not agree more!!! Unfortunately, I would not reccomend a Purple in a 72....

Kole Tangs and yellows have Awesome personalities!

If you go the clown route, Go either Maroon or Pink skunk... Both love interaction and will host anything.

Lawnmower blenny, clown goby, firefish, Ocellaris clowns, blue velvet damsels,

How big is the tank. I would have some other suggestions if it is a larger size.
Oceanguy

Back