Whose never been to a meeting?

I havent been to a meeting and would if meetings were held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Armando said:
You make it sound like these people live in Arizona or New Mexico. It's not that far!

therefore, what is your continued discontent with occasional remote meetings? :confused:

it just doesn't make much sense to me.

it's the same as if I join the CT reefers club and then ask them to make meetings closer to Boston because CT is too far from where I live.

FWIW,

I can see that rotating the meetings from two or three locations will simply fragment the membership. If you want to bring the club closer together find a nice location, that is central and publicize it. Driving 30 minutes of 50 minutes... To many people it doesn't make that much of a difference. I believe people will drive quite some distance for an event they want to participate in. (perhaps that's part of the issue as to why people haven't come to a meeting!!)

Too much emphasis is being put on the location. It seems rather simplistic, but the library is too small for the Club currently. Find a larger assembly hall, and imho, shoot for a central location.

I've gone to only 3 events...
1 - the giant auction in Waltham
2 - A talk by Greg about many Misc Subjects
3 - Steve Tyree's discussion on lighting.

From my limited experience at the meetings; the Frag Swap part seems to become the focal point of the "gathering". Where as I would think that it should only supplement a featured speaker / event.

This is just from the point of view of a "new" member, who's new to both the club and Reefing.

-Mike

I started the thread about a marlborough location, not because it is an easier place to get to but because i really thing the wakefield library is a lousy place now that we are the size that we are. Parking stinks, the room is too small, many people end up out back in the hall.

And despite the digression from the subject you did manage to prove, Jeff, that most people don't want the meeting in wakefield :D Another bit of help to the new officers and BOD.

Nate, I like your idea about the bi-monthly meetings in a larger venue and then local meetings on the off month. nice idea!

RobboT said:
And despite the digression from the subject you did manage to prove, Jeff, that most people don't want the meeting in wakefield :D Another bit of help to the new officers and BOD.
Actually, the votes now are all pretty close.
It's hard to pick any one area based on the poll.
Sure, more people voted for the other options than Wakefield. It's also true that more people voted against Braintree than for Braintree...

Basically, people choose the town which means the easiest drive for them.
It's pretty tough to please everyone. There's no clear winner in this poll.

Moe_K said:
Actually, the votes now are all pretty close.
It's hard to pick any one area based on the poll.
Sure, more people voted for the other options than Wakefield. It's also true that more people voted against Braintree than for Braintree...

Basically, people choose the town which means the easiest drive for them.
It's pretty tough to please everyone. There's no clear winner in this poll.

the poll just proves that it isnt a "Boston" reefers club any longer. The easiest drive for the BOD and officers? as long as it isnt close to Armando
awink.gif
j/k

I'm not sure if the poll proved that. If this is the case, I suggest changing the club name to "New England Reefers Society"

Armando said:
I'm not sure if the poll proved that. If this is the case, I suggest changing the club name to "New England Reefers Society"

actually that has been discussed on more than one occasion.

Changing the organization's name isn't an easy process. It requires refiling w/ the state, and costs money.
Look, what's in a name, Shakespeare?
There are plenty of businesses that call themselves Boston this or that.
Does that mean they definitely reside or do business exclusively in Boston?
Changing the name would be a waste of time and money, IMO.
Don't get caught up in nomenclature.
Nobody wants to drive far to meetings, that's life.

. . . . proving again and again that sarcasm and mockery get me nowhere :D
someday I'll learn to stop stirring the $&!^ but not just yet :)

Armando what is up with you ? you don't want the meetings moved out of your backyard & if they are you think the club should split up into more groups And now chance our name. What is your problem ??

This poll can't prove anything, because only people who have never been to a meeting are asked to vote. It's sort of a strange criteria, and selects only for people who live far away or are less interested in the club.

I agree Nate. We would need demographic information to find out where is the higher concentration. There would be the best place to have the meetings. littlep wakefield is way too far to be considered my backyard :D

im with nate. I dunno what not having been to a meeting has to do with where the meeting should be.. im lost by it all!

someone from Lawrence speaks! Great issue though. I've read and heard so many times that people wished the meetings were closer. That is all. Variety is the spice of life.

Moe is right, nobody likes to travel but why should the same people travel the farthest over and over again? I dont see a big deal except for selfishness that anyone would disagree that it wouldnt be fair for an occasional Marlboro, Braintree or wherever there may be a base of volunteers willing to pull one together.

the original poll was to test members who never went, it went the other way and based on the low response doesnt mean a thing since many of those posted have been to a meeting.

many people aren't argumentative and are laying low. Others could care less. A few Wakefield locals are concerned.

We'll see what the future BOD brings.

Back