Zeovit

the reactors are nice but to save money you can just use a phosphate reactor.
same thing,100 gph and instead of gfo ,use the zeovit rocks and additives.
Funny this thread started because I just started looking into it.
you have to change out the rocks every 4-6 weeks at $18 a bag.
And thats if you have a average tank.
My 240 would need like 2-3 bags.
however the additives are expensive but last alot longer due to small doses(several drops).
I am seriously thinking about it but hate to keep buying the rocks.

That would have to be a pretty big phosban reactor. I wouldn't want to try to put the amount of ZEOvits I'm using on my 100g system in one of my TLF's reactors.

I'll agree you could get around the Vertex reactor pretty easily as the whole concept of the Vertex reactors is pretty rudimentary, but it sure makes stirring 'das vits' easy :)

On a side note, my nassarius snails have been laying eggs every night. Might be a coincidence but I think ZEOvit has something to do with it.

I have been dosing Vodka and have had great results, but just took the plunge and ordered a ZEOvit system to take my tank to the next level.

I have a 250 gallon system so I bought the 3L Vertex Reactor. I got it at Salty Supply. They price matched Marine Depot -5% so it came to $136.80. They also have all the additives in stock. The start up cost for my tank was a lot less than I thought it was going to be.

I see in they guide they recommend having natural salt water paramaters. Are your tanks close to NSW parameters? I think my ALK is currently around 10. Will that cause any issues?

I have been dosing Vodka and have had great results, but just took the plunge and ordered a ZEOvit system to take my tank to the next level.

I have a 250 gallon system so I bought the 3L Vertex Reactor. I got it at Salty Supply. They price matched Marine Depot -5% so it came to $136.80. They also have all the additives in stock. The start up cost for my tank was a lot less than I thought it was going to be.

I see in they guide they recommend having natural salt water paramaters. Are your tanks close to NSW parameters? I think my ALK is currently around 10. Will that cause any issues?

alk of 10 will not work with the zeovit system,whenever my alk hit 9 in the past i had issues

Just an update....

10 days in and the water is clearer than it's ever been, and the growth of nuisance algae has declined significantly.

Still not noticing much of a change in the colors of my SPS but it's still early.

Would it make sense to start a system up with Zeo or wait til I get a substantial number of corals in it?

Bob is "big" on Zeo too.

enzyte20lawsuit20busted20liars.jpg

yeah, what Steve said, if you can start one with it from the get-go, it's the easiest way.

Supposed to make it cycle faster too.

Well I'll be damned... it's only been two weeks my corals are starting to color up. Guess it's not snake oil and pixie dust after all. I must admit I had my doubts.

BTW...

So there's no need for tons of rock for filtration purposes with Zeo? Sorry, I'll get to reading this whole thread and the others linked when I get the chance.

What supplements did you start with?

I'm only running the 'basic 4': zeolites, zeobac, zeostart and zeofood

BTW...

So there's no need for tons of rock for filtration purposes with Zeo? Sorry, I'll get to reading this whole thread and the others linked when I get the chance.

You still run your system as normal, aside from adjusting your parameters to their recommended levels and removing any ancillary equipment that's not required/recommended.

Don't let the 30 page manual intimidate you, it's pretty easy to read. You can download it from their website. I recommend printing it out for quick reference (I flip through mine frequently).

I'm only running the 'basic 4': zeolites, zeobac, zeostart and zeofood

You still run your system as normal, aside from adjusting your parameters to their recommended levels and removing any ancillary equipment that's not required/recommended.

Don't let the 30 page manual intimidate you, it's pretty easy to read. You can download it from their website. I recommend printing it out for quick reference (I flip through mine frequently).

I'm not intimidated by the number of pages. I just haven't had the time to sit down and read them. But I'll get to them. Thanks bro.

I just printed the manual so I can read it at the Dr office tomorrow. Lots of time to kill....

Skimming through the pages, I read that it's not a good idea to use an oversized needle wheel skimmer because it strips certain elements and plankton. I've got a BK rated for up to 800 gallons. My total volume should be ~ 400 gallons. Should I be concerned? Would having an extremely heavy bio-load and tuning the skimmer down work?

Yeah, thats no good. I'll tell ya what I'll do for ya, I take your Bubble King and give you my Euro Reef then your problem will be solved. ;)

Back