Search results

1. Puff Daddy

FS 150G Rubbermaid Stock Tank (Shark holding)

Like new, bought last week $159 will sell for $90 I bought this stock tank to hold my rock and then my shark as I prep for the move. Well, I’m gone in 12 hours.... Stock tank is practically new with 5 days of use. It was $159 at tractor supply co. I’m asking $90. I need it until the very...
  2. Puff Daddy

FS Cool Fish Blue Hamlet, Purple Tang, Lightning Maroon!

Livestock Sale Update: Red Sea Purple Tang: $199 $90 3 ORA Lemon Damselfish: $12 $5 (1 sold) SOLD Green Chromis: $12 $5 SOLD Rare Blue Hamlet: $116 $40 Scissor Tail Dartfish: $30 SOLD 2 Pink Smith Damselfish: $5 SOLD Splendid Dottyback: $40 SOLD 2 Square Back Anthias Female $40 SOLD 4 Three...
  3. Puff Daddy

FS Rare Large Live Rock Plates. Covered in Coraline

Breaking down the tank... I have some of the most beautiful natural live rock plates that you can't find anymore. I also have some pretty cool fish. Pickup in Bedford Wed, Thursday or it goes to the reef store where you can pay full price. Here are some photos: Special Rock 1: Anemone Rock, $90...
  4. Puff Daddy

FS RSR 650 Peninsula Fire Sale!

I'm selling my RSR 650 Peninsula. Here is the deal, if no one wants it I have a friend taking it Friday. The tank is used. If you have seen any of my videos you know the quirks. There is some rust on the hinges (they work well), there is a tiny chip in a part of the sump divider that is above...
  5. Puff Daddy

Thanks for Teaching Me the Ways! Onward to Colorado!

I just wanted to thank everyone in the club for teaching me so much about the hobby. I started reef keeping 7 years ago after transitioning my green spotted puffer to salt water. I made a lot of mistakes but was very happy to have this community to support me. The meetings were a great place to...
  6. Puff Daddy

FS Free TV. 55" 1080p Plasma Flat Screen

Free to the first BRS club member who wants it. Standard HD Plasma TV. Just a regular old TV. Not "smart". I will happily accept any spare coral in exchange but it is not needed. Cheers!
  7. Puff Daddy

There are Amazing People in this Club

I just wanted to say how great Boston Reefers is and how we have some amazing people as members. Right before MA went into lockdown I decided to move out of Cambridge. The company that has promised to help canceled on me (understandably) when the lockdown was announced. I posted on the forum and...
  8. Puff Daddy

Planted Tank Stores?

Building my first planted tank. I want to do an epic aquasscape. What are some good places to buy supplies. I am. North West of Boston
  9. Puff Daddy

Aquarium Mover Suggestions?

Hey everyone, I am moving from Cambridge to Bedford. I need to move my Red Sea Reefer 650 aquarium ASAP. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
  10. Puff Daddy

AI Prime 16HD Initial Impressions

This is an initial impression review. I have a full review on my YouTube channel, Puff Daddy Reef. I took some initial PAR readings and sound tests with a decibel meter. Pros: -Proven spectrum enhanced with 3 more LEDs -Powerful! PAR output directly under light is on par (lol) with the Kessil...
  11. Puff Daddy

Want a new AI Hydra 32?

Hey everyone! You may know I have a youtube channel and do product reviews of reef items. I only have 1 tank and am sticking to my Kessil 360x T5 Hybrid setup. However, I would like to do a review of the brand new AI Hydra 32. Is there anyone that is already planning on buying this that would...
  12. Puff Daddy

Red Sea Reefer 650 Build Thread

I have not posted a build thread for my Red Sea Reefer 650 yet. It has been almost 2 years! never too late to start! I mostly document on YouTube but I'll use this forum to answer questions of Boston area reefers on it. But first... videos to catch everyone up on what I have been up to.
  13. Puff Daddy

Red Sea Reefer 900 Series Skimmer Review

Hey Fellow BRS members, I recently picked up the Red Sea Reefer 900 Skimmer. So far I like it a lot. It is the perfect height for my Red Sea Reefer 650 sump. Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll try to answer them in the thread. P.S. Here is the link to my video review...
  14. Puff Daddy

Bacteria Bloom in my Red Sea Reefer? (Video)

Hey yall, I've been setting up a red sea reefer peninsula tank. The tank just hit 2 months old. 2 weeks ago I added more pukani rock that I had been curing. Now the water is cloudy. Many people online said it was a bacteria bloom. What do you think it is and how can I fix it? You can see it in...
  15. Puff Daddy

IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Build Thread. Dueling lights, 1 Kessil vs 1 AI Prime

My 20 gallon IM nuvo fusion is being reborn. This is after I had an extremely aggressive black ocellaris clown that bullied the heck out of everyone. So she was given away and the other guys are back in QT to get fattened up before going back to the office (pellet only) tank. I ended up...
  16. Puff Daddy

Wow! Branching Green Star Polyp!?!?

Sometimes in this hobby you discover something you never know existed, and it just makes you excited about what else may be out there. So I'm in California and was checking out some of the local fish stores and I found something unique. This store appears to have a branching morph of the...
  17. Puff Daddy

65 amp power spike?!?! Shorted pump?

My tank set off my breaker. There was a 65 amp spike according to my apex. Normally I run about 0.5 amps from that EB8. I have 4 pumps and 2 dosing pumps plugged into it. I'm thinking a pump may have shorted. 3 of the pumps are year old korrelia nano pumps. I think they may be the culprits...
  18. Puff Daddy

Was planning to cut my anemone, then he split himself as I watched. (Photo)

So I have been thinking about propagating my anemones. I bought some razors and iodine. I watched all the how to videos. I was power feeding him and planning on splitting him this week and then this happened. He did the job for me! I was able to watch as the last piece broke away. It was...
  19. Puff Daddy

Ich-X not working? Treatment in progress. What are your experiences?

So I bought a lightning maroon clown he looks great but he had ich from the stress of shipping. I put him in my 20L QT with a small red tailed trigger. I began treating them with ich-X. and he cleared up in about three days and is looking great and is eating well. The trigger never showed signs...
  20. Puff Daddy

Anemone in a Refugium. Will it hurt my pod population?

My RBTA is getting too big for my display. I was thinking of fragging it, and putting half in the refugium to heal. Will it hurt my pod population to be in may refugium?
Back