10 gal NANO build thread

.... hmm plans well its def going to be a softie tank umm its 10 gal i got a AC20 powerfilter because i cant find a free overflow box with hoses and a sump.... umm basic heater no skimmer bc of small water volume... ummm maby a firefish a true/false perc or ocell if i can find one free if he/she is being a nusence in someone elses tank...

thats what i got

Attachments

• 0913091505a.jpg
    0913091505a.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 0916092000a.jpg
    0916092000a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 680
  • 0916092004a.jpg
    0916092004a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 669
the first 2 are practaly the same accept for the powerhead thanks to jayman!!! and the third is the acrylic w/d that is going to be converted to a sump if i can get the hose for the overflow box maby a in sump refuge like one for intank but in the sump insted i have a couple of ones with rock work but they wont upload will try again tomorow

no thats not my lacrosse sick ether im waiting for jason and ray to comment and ask if thats mine... no its my buddys mine is on the other side of the bucket

thanks mark yeah we def do i am looking into the sump from JP and hes going to give me the pump for the skimmer too and i think that im going to plumb the wet dry filter shown above to the sump that im going to get from jp and make it like a 40 total gal 10 gal display

okay so i have an update... thanks to cheetos for all the following equip 70 w MH Maxi Jet 600 fractometer. also from cheetos plenty of dry sand and a small hunk of dry rock (that will serve perfectally for a polyup colony) i will post pictures tomorow i need to figure out how to get the pics from the camera to the comp... (need USB) will look tomorow

another update waters in the tank got rock in ph is in filtration is in heaters in MH is mounted up and on LR next week week after that the first coral is introduced wish me luck pics later tonight found the usb

pics iou guys

basically in order from begining to end

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 590
first pic is before i added the water. i used a trash bag to avoid the sand being turned up ingenous idea on mark's part. (my cousin had his doubts saying that the sand was gonig to get turned up anyway). the second pic is when the bag floated as planed with about 3/4 of the tank filled. the third pic is of the maxi jet 600 in and the rock in with the filter and everything runing accept for the light. then i added the light and realised that the maxi was way to powerful. i changed the clip off the maxi jet and put it on this powerhead i got from jayman and it works perfectally... input? ideas? constructive critisizim (spelling) is welcome.

Looks good Sheldon! That coral skeleton is insanely large! What do you have on top of the tank in that last pic? How about a pic of the 70 watt halide!

i would get rid of the egg crate. look at the before and after pictures of it and you are losing a massive amount of light. what kind of fish are you going to keep? you might not need a cover. the powerhead looks good. do you need a small piece of live rock to seed it?

the powerhead looks great but its acting up. i dont know whats wrong my brother said that it was turning its self off and coming back on every so often it would make a loud snaping sound i checked the impeller everything seems fine but i took it out just to be safe and replaced it with the maxi jet which isnt all that powerful now that the sand is packed a little bit. now for mark the halide is great i know im losing alot of light jay but its 70 wats 6ins over the tank and its olny 12 high thats alota light for a shallow tank i dont want overkill and mark the exposure on the cameria i have is really bad so the light would just look like a gigantic blue picture :p and ontop of the tank is the rig i made to hold the light. my guess is your talking about the wooden thing ontop of the egg crate. oh and jay i messed with the exposure both have egg crate on them your talking about the 2 pics with 2 dif power heads if im not mistaken. as far as that goes yeah its exposure of the lens to the light i turned it down because the sun was coming in a window and it looked like crap b4 i turned it down

Last edited:
Back