10 gal NANO build thread

Okay Im gonna go feed the bugger see if i cant get a look at him. my brother has freeked him out for hours on end with a camera right near the glass saying he wants a damn picture of the fish lol i cant seem to find him right now gonna throw some mysis in there see if he wont come out for a bite to eat.

RIP Roshak, you will be missed

goby.jpg
[/QUOTE]

turns out my ammonia was very high .50ppm i corrected the problem saved both shrimp and a few corals. long slow road to recovery ahead, and an upgrade on the horizion im going to add in to the system a sump with about 15lbs of live rock in it so i have lots of nitrifiying bacteria so there will be more room for error in the long run.

yeah my plan is to get one after an RODI unit. i want to convert the sump i have to a half refuge. im going to put 15lbs of lr in there for an ammonia saftey net. then the skimmer will get added into the system later.

thats why i want one. having some algea problems and lately i have been finding that if i need water and theres none made at my aunts im suck between a rock and a tank crash. if theres no water im at the mercy of the problem in the tank. i would just like to have one so i can make water on short notice. with a 10 gal you dont have any room for error like some of you other guys do with your huge water volume. im going to add in a sump to make it like a 25 gal system all together. thats this weeks project. im going to pick up another 10 gal tank and get it drilled and move everything from the 10 i have now into the new 1 and pipe it down to the sump that im modding up with my mentor. i wana get some real water volume out of that sump and get alot of lr in there if i can my brother is start to develop a sort of addiction to the hobby like i have and hes come up with so many ideas and different directions that the tank could go in and ideas for DIY stuff. He told me to make my old overflow box in to a hang on refuge... i thought about it for a min and said... Why the hell not???? any input????

Back