and another newbie

lyvewire

Non-member
Hello to all, getting back into the hobby after several years away. Previous experience was with FO, but now getting ready to try the reef/fish route. Big fan of trigger fish so any advice on compatibility issues greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the BRS and back to the hobby! Triggerfish are not typically found in a reef tank, but there are some people here who keep them. They need a lot of room to swim, so if you plan on getting one, I hope you have a large tank. I'm a fan of the pink-tail triggers, myself. :) Most triggers will eat the clean-up crew critters, which is why only a couple types of triggers are considered reef-safe.

thank you for the imput. I was told that the blue jawed trigger was a good choice as well. I had a large pink tail in my FO tank, with good results, but i think i need to revaluate my goals, which is why i joined the group. I think i will set up a FOWLR for my trigger fetish and a reef tank as well.

Welcome!

Do a large reef tank and a large FOWLR tank so you can have some trigger fish:D!

Back