Back from MACNA!

Gina McReeferson

My sweet Baby David
Just got home about an hour ago from our first MACNA...

after a 9+ hour ride.:eek::rolleyes: Ouch!

It was worth it though, we had a great time! We had a blast hanging out with our Boston Reefers buddies and meeting some cool new people. Hope everyone else had a good time and a safe trip back home.

We learned some, bought some, drank some.:D

I'd type more but it's sleepy time now...

Did you get stuck in that traffic jam on 81 North? I left the show about 3:00, and got to Taunton at 1:50 AM. That one 5 mile stretch of 81 cost me 1.5 hours! :mad:

Other then that the show was great!

Actually, better then great, I saw some old friends from Minnesota, picked up my tank, sump, pumps, and other misc stuff, and to top it all off I won the 48" Aquactinics Constellation T5 fixture!!!

Last edited:
I don't remember what roads we took at this point but we did hit some traffic here and there. We got home around 1:30 but that was largely due to Mauro's driving:rolleyes: :D At some points, we were the slow ones driving through Connecticut :eek:

Thrilled to report that the 4 fish I snagged for 20 bucks at the end of the show are doing well this morning. I also scored some free frags. What a great time!

I definitely want to go to Atlanta next year (sept 5-7). The banquet will be at the Atlanta aquarium and catered by Wolfgang Puck. That alone is worth the price of admission. Only 89 bucks through the end of September. Then it goes up to $109 per person.

http://www.macnaxx.com/

The Grils

Photo

Attachments

• THE GRILS.jpg
    THE GRILS.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 379
Did you get stuck in that traffic jam on 81 North? I left the show about 3:00, and got to Taunton at 1:50 AM. That one 5 mile stretch of 81 cost me 1.5 hours! :mad:

WoW we left at ~4:00 and decided to stop just shy of 81 while still on 80.That was about 8:00, glad we decided not to push through. I was tempted too man do they fly on those highways at night out there!

I recognize some of the people in the pictures, but no one really knows me yet, so I did not talk to many people from BRS while there. BTW, I was the big, ugly , bald guy with LOTS of tattoos walking around on Sunday! :)

Wow I sure am glad I decided to fly!

I was a little late to the dinner, so I didn't get to sit at the BRS table with the all super elite. :)

I recognize some of the people in the pictures, but no one really knows me yet, so I did not talk to many people from BRS while there. BTW, I was the big, ugly , bald guy with LOTS of tattoos walking around on Sunday! :)

Yea and that sweet new 48" T5 fixture growing from under your arm :)
Nice score !

I very much appreciated my flight. Good thing I didn't win the raffle huh? (inside joke) :p .

GLad to see that everyone made it back in one piece.

- Joe

Did you get stuck in that traffic jam on 81 North? I left the show about 3:00, and got to Taunton at 1:50 AM. That one 5 mile stretch of 81 cost me 1.5 hours!

Wow, that stinks! No, we didn't catch any traffic, luckily. We did almost get run off the road twice by giant trailer trucks! That was at night when I drove and David napped. I hate those things, especially when you're in a Honda Civic and you're surrounded by them!:eek:

I don't remember what roads we took at this point but we did hit some traffic here and there. We got home around 1:30 but that was largely due to Mauro's driving. At some points, we were the slow ones driving through Connecticut

I definitely want to go to Atlanta next year (sept 5-7). The banquet will be at the Atlanta aquarium and catered by Wolfgang Puck. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Geez, if Mauro had driven any slower, the car would have frozen in place.:p

We definitely want to go next year too, it sounds awesome. This time we're staying in the same hotel though! Even though there was a shuttle bus, it kind of stunk to have to go back and forth all the time from one hotel to the other.

I recognize some of the people in the pictures, but no one really knows me yet, so I did not talk to many people from BRS while there. BTW, I was the big, ugly , bald guy with LOTS of tattoos walking around on Sunday!

You should have said hello! It was hard to see everyone's name tag and there were tons of people. The first day we were there, David and I kept a close eye out for the Boston Reefers faces.

I was a little late to the dinner, so I didn't get to sit at the BRS table with the all super elite.

Jocko, I'm trying to figure out who you were. Did you stay at the Holiday Inn as well? Blondish longish hair?? We had a couple of tables we tried to save for the BRS so we could all sit together. It seemed like there were more people than seats, especially on Friday night! Luckily Marc and Gene fanagled a table and some chairs on Friday night.;)

I very much appreciated my flight. Good thing I didn't win the raffle huh? (inside joke)
- Joe

No kidding! David and I put tickets in the big prize raffles and later thought what a PITA it would be if we actually won!:eek: It would be a little of "woo hoo!", then a little of "oh crap."

gina what did you get me ????? :p:D
wish i could have made it. if they throw up tickets early again for next year i will buy them right away so i have no excuses :eek:

Back