Back from MACNA!

You're not kidding, Joe, he is damn tall!:D

Attachments

• macna.jpg
    macna.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
MACNA was awesome! I'm definitely going again next year. It was good seeing you all again. I actually cruised to the airport and sat around for 2 hours just digesting the weekend. I take it we didn't win a tank? If anyone finds the link on UTube please PM it to me if it is not posted in the forum. I look forward to seeing you when you meet up with the Manhattan Reef club.

Last edited:
Schmally, that's awesome, I can't wait til' he sees it!!!!!!!!:D He's gonna crack up!!

BTW, he doesn't usually dress up as Paul Stanley. Special occasions only, he was asked to perform at MACNA and he didn't have the heart to say no, you know how it is.:cool:

LOL...I'm a weird guy...I don't know why, but about .2 seconds after seeing that picture of Dave I thought he would look funny as Paul Stanley.

Hee hee ... More tickets, where die Eliot put the credit card... I don't have a problem... :D

The walt video seemed like they were going for a cutesy promotional thing, but people reacted badly to it. I think it would have gone off better if it wasn't so late. It did seem like a lot of effort was put into it and will be some sort of a mystery game to promote the next macna and maybe part of winning the fiji trip. IMO if the guy wants to donate a trip for two to Fiji to MACNA again, he can do whatever he wants for hoop jumping to give it away.

Man, after reviewing those pics I am remembering what a good time it was. I am also realizing not only do I need to get back to the gym, I may just look better as Paul Stanley then I do as myself... handsome... ;) :D

I too thought the Walt Smith thing was pretty lame, the best of intentions I am sure, but totally crashed and burned. :( It was kind of a shame I thought, as it kind of put a downer on the night, if they had only ended with Gerald Allens presentation it would have been much better IMO. He was a great speaker and that video was dynamite, kudos to him for a job well done on the speach as well as all he has helped do for the reefs and there inhabitants. :)

Over all, it was a great experience and I am ready for next year!

Last edited:
IMO if the guy wants to donate a trip for two to Fiji to MACNA again, he can do whatever he wants for hoop jumping to give it away.

Yes and it's a shame that the hoop jumping had to trickle down through MASNA to the Pittsburgh club and us without even getting that trip in their raffle.

Don't know....I posted something here last night but it didn't take...:confused:

Anyway.....Awesome pics & play by play guys...interesting....It was nice to get this info....Kinda feels I somewhat went though I didn't!!! (tough to get away without the small children now!!) This was a nice way for me to relive it thru you guys!!!!
BTW.... The last Macna I attended, in Boston, produced another addition to my family!! ( I call "Brady" my macna baby)............

That night........Ed was trying to pry me away from going back to the room with my wife to stay out & have a couple pops with the guys....... Imagine....

I'm clueless about any politics involved with the Walt thing. I thought it was all part of some viral marketing campaign for MACNA XX. Those are all the rage these days.

My biggest regret from this MACNA was not getting my picture taken with Marco's shark. :(

Dr. Allen was awesome - we picked up the National Geographic he referred to at the airport. It's an interesting article about the dive Greg mentioned.

The video was creepy and the act following it was strange (we left) - there is some history that not all of us is privy to, so a lot of stuff flies right over my head.

The Georgia Aquarium speaker was great - seeing how they transported the whale sharks was great. I'm SO excited to be going to Atlanta next year - I've been dying to go the Aquarium and see them!

Thanks for doing such a great job editing the pictures Gina! Egads! Thank God Andrew is smart enough to tell me I don't look that fat in real life! :eek:

My biggest regret from this MACNA was not getting my picture taken with Marco's shark. :(

LOL too funny,
I think sharkie was the most photographed critter there. Every time I turned around he was posing with someone :)

BTW if anyone happens on a link to any of the pics I'd love to take a look.

Here is how many people were at the raffle. (Actually, this is from about the middle of the room, so imagine about twice as many people!)

Macna-Raffle.jpg

And some lucky guy with his new light fixture: :rolleyes:

MACNA-JP1.jpg

Bruce Carlson giving the intro talk, slide is about collecting the whale sharks:

bruce.jpg

Manhattan Reef club party on the 5th floor:

mhr%20party.jpg

Randy Donowitz from the Manhattan club in the center:

mhr%20party%202.jpg

More from the Party Friday night, Marc L. with Mauro, Mauro's getting his sippy cup with his name on it :p:

mauro%20and%20marc.jpg

Girl reefers rule:

mhr%20party%203.jpg

Scavo hanging out with Hessing...he'll be back here in just about 10 days.

scavo%20and%20hessing.jpg

Back