Back from MACNA!

One of the many Zero Edge tanks:

zero%20edge%20tank.jpg

A close up of the ORA tank:

ora%20tank.jpg

Another close up of the ORA tank, showing some coral that apparently is highly sought after at the moment (left edge of photo):

ora%20tank%202.jpg

Nice pics Greg. I can't believe we missed that party, we went right to the hotel after the speech, we were exhausted and starving! We were in the food line right when they ran out.:( I had to get something to eat. I ate so many crackers with a bunch of Wis Pride cheese back at the hotel (we had brought it for the ride), I had a stomach ache the next morning.:rolleyes:

Looks like you all had fun while I was stuck in an office in Lakewood, CO.

Does anyone know what the attendance was? It looks pretty huge. I saw at the website they sold off over 100 booths worth of space to like 75 vendors. 20 speakers too. Gone are the days of a couple hundred attendees and a couple dozen vendors like my first MACNA in Louisville.

Despite all the issues with MACNA Boston I still think the BRS is largely responsible for MACNA being the size show it has been the past few years. It's good to see that the reefing community has kept up the pace :)
I seem to recall we had a small issue of our own with Mr. Walt Smith, not a huge one, small misunderstanding. Maybe we could have had our very own uncomfortable video if we had resolved the issue differently :D

Gone are the days of a couple hundred attendees and a couple dozen vendors like my first MACNA in Louisville.

There was a rumor circulating among the vendors that some of the heavy hitters were trying to negotiate a 70 block of booths to do some sort of cyber cafe type of set up in Atlanta.

Where would that set the bar?

>Despite all the issues with MACNA Boston I still think the BRS is largely responsible for MACNA being the size show it has been the past few years.<

Agreed. FWIW, I think we had a far better lineup of speakers (probably cause I helped pick them :p:D ). I was surprised to hear from Charles Delbeek that he wasn't even requested to speak, yet we heard two talks from Shimek.

I think Atlanta will probably be large than any previous Macna. The largest aquarium in the world will be a good excuse for everyone to bring their kids and spouses.....at least that's my plan!!

Hey did anybody else sign up for MASNA membership at the show? I haven't heard anything from them and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same experience. I guess I should just contact them.

Back