bio-wheel 350

salt1

Non-member
im not running any skimmer im just running 2 bio-wheel 350 and all its running perfect ph 8.2 alk 2.8 and nitrate is 0ppm so i think the bio-wheel 350 are perfect on my 55 gallon :D plus im running 4 pumps its that ok

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say or ask about....a little punctuation would be helpful. Also more details about your tank setup and what you are wanting to know.

all i whant to know if i will be ok whith 2 bio-wheel 350 because all its running perfect so far

I agree with miller.

Are you planning to have corals or fish only?
Live rock or dry base rock?

You may be ok with your setup if you adhere to a strict water change regime.
In the long run a skimmer is a very helpful piece of equipement
1. It remove proteins from the water column. (very, very Important)
2. It oxygenates the water.
3. Your friends who dont have a saltwater tank will think you are really scientific when you explain to them what it does and how it works. LOL

It is possible to get by with out buying a skimmer.
Think about getting a simply Hang on back (HOB) skimmer. Well worth the added insurance a skimmer provides. You can find skimmers that work on a 55 gal for like anywhere from $60 to $160.

the live rock its getting a perpole color and green color and brown its that good

Purple is coralline algae which is good. How long has your tank been set up for? The green and brown algae could be because the tank has not finished the cycling.

How long has the tank been up?
How many lbs of live rock? any dead rock?
Live sand or dry sand?
Anything in the tank other then rocks and sand?

More information about your setup will yield better answers and suggestions about what to do.

its been cycling for 3 weeks and 3 days i have like 20 pound live rock and dry sand

Back