BRS Annual Auction - Oct 22nd in Waltham - More Details & Link to pics

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
This is the official announcement to hold it on your calenders. There will be much more information over the course of the next few weeks. Start saving your pennies.

Date: Sunday Oct. 22, 2006
Time: 11 AM - 4 PM
Place: Hilton Garden Inn, 420 Totten Pond Road, Waltham, MA

Pizza will be served.

Click here for a link to a map to the site.

The listing of all items available is here:

http://home.comcast.net/~robbo_t/main.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Auction Item Pictures!

Rob Tess has been kind enough to host the pictures of the donations for the Auction. Click here for a taste of some of the things that you will see at this years event! Keep checking back as there will be more items added daily!

Cheers!

Joe

Last edited:
WOW......tons of nice stuff......:eek:

Also just sent email to rob. I have donate one of the wild orange sponges . Will take rob time to add it.

bob

Wow. What an auction. The corals are spectacular as always, but I think the equipment list is even more impressive than past years! Wish I was closer than 5 hours away (and that I had a tank! :p)

Wow. What an auction. The corals are spectacular as always, but I think the equipment list is even more impressive than past years! Wish I was closer than 5 hours away (and that I had a tank! :p)

Thats no excuse Nate!! There's enough equipment on the list to walk away with a whole new set-up! And I'm sure you could find someone who is going willing to help you spend your money :D

And I'm sure you could find someone who is going willing to help you spend your money :D

Somehow giving my signed blank check to a kalked-out reef junkie on his way into a BRS auction doesn't sound like a good idea. :p

Great website Rob. That's a real improvement for the auction.

The auction site is functional:

http://home.comcast.net/~robbo_t/main.html

A huge thanks to Robbo for undertaking the project of getting everything displayed and listed, despite the fact that he cannot even attend the auction. Also thanks to all the BOD and officers who have been making all the calls, emails, and visits to sponsors to beg for all this stuff, then getting photos of all of the stuff (it was more work than you might realize). And finally, thanks to the members who have donated, and taken the time to get photos and mail them in. It's going to be a really great auction. I may need a second mortgage!

There are still quite a number of items that are missing due to the fact that they have not been received yet. Rob will continue to update the site, so check in to see what's been added over the next few days as stuff arrives. We are still waiting for donations from a few sponsors and other donors. We are still expecting stuff from:

Aquariums for You in NJ (big tank)
Salifert (kits)
Marineland (big stuff here)
ESV (makers of B-ionic)
Liquidlife USA
Icecap
Rowa Phos
JEHM Co. (cyclopeeze)
PFO lighting (they may have a table at the auction to show some new stuff)
Euro reef (skimmers)
Iwaki
Geismann Lighting (B at Aquarium Gallery's holding this one for us)
Aquarium Gallery
Awesome Aquariums
and others I've forgotten about

Livestock from:

Many of our local sponsors
Ultimatefrags.com
Pacific East Aquaculture
Florida Pets
Aquarium Specialty
Me - need to get more photos of my stuff
and others I've forgotten about

More Details about the Auction:

Fees:

There will be an admission fee of $5 for members (must be up-to-date with your membership dues), $20 for non-members. Anyone can join the club at the door. The admission fee gets you your numbered 'Paddle' for bidding, pizza at lunch time (show your paddle), and a chance to win a bunch of door prizes (the exact prizes will be announced later).

When:

Sunday, Oct 22, 2006. Registration will begin at 11 AM. Auction will start at high noon.

Payment:

Cash, check (members only), or Paypal. We are reasonably certain that we will be able to do Paypal at the auction, but if there are technical glitches it might not happen.

Bring:

Bring coolers with you for all the livestock you weren't planning on buying. Bring some extra ziploc bags you can fill with hot tap water at the hotel to keep the stuff in your cooler warm. There will be extra bags available for people who are donating corals, inverts, or fish, but don't have the ability to separate and bag it all up.

Where:

Hilton Garden Inn, Waltham, MA. 420 Totten Pond Road, Waltham.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...tyhocn=BOSWAGI

No clams yet that I'm aware of, but most of the livestock donations that come from folks that would have access to clams, have not arrived yet.

Having ISP troubles, will have pictures in ASAP. We have a couple good size pieces, should fetch two or three grand easy! :D

-Dave and Gina

Great to see the listing posted.

Any way to start bidding online? (Too much to ask, crazy complications, but hey, why not float an idea??)

I received a question via PM about viewing the various items as they come up at the auction, the concern was that it might be hard to see items at the back of the room, or if the member has poor eyesight.

We will have a computer set up with a projector, and a large screen, displaying each item in a blown up version (utilizing Rob's site, or a captured to disk version of it). Each coral will also be shown with a photo of what it looks like under good, aquarium conditions. The auction is going to be a bit chaotic, so it's hard to say right now exactly what order everything will be auctioned off in as some things might not be available at the beginning of the auction if people arrive late with various items.

That Aquatinics t-5 fixture is the exact fixture I have on my tank. It is a great pickup for someone with a 4' tank, especially a narrow one like a 55 or a 72 bow.

Lots of great stuff on there

-Brian

>No clams yet that I'm aware of, <

Scratch that, there's at least one clam, a T. crocea from Beacon...looks very nice. It'll be a day or two before that photo is on the site. There will probably be more clams coming.

Back