Coralife Digital Thermometer

student4life

Non-member
Don't be afraid to laugh, because yes, this is stupid:p But I bought a coralife digital thermometer a couple months ago, received it, and it didn't turn on--so I called DrF/S and told them, they sent me another. This has happened four times now. Four replacements, none of which have worked.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with these? I'd ask what I'm doing wrong but these things are plug n' play, right? Trying to assess whether having them try to replace it again should really be my next move. Thanks!

Did you check the battery? j/c

I own 2 coralife items, bought as an unsuspecting newbie. One was a timer, which nearly burned my house down. :eek: Out of service.

The other was a skimmer, which I could never get to skim without making my tank a milky mess of microbubbles. :rolleyes: Out of service.

YMMV. 4 strikes and you're out, I say. I would axe Dr. F/S for credit, and never, ever buy a coralife item again.

I have to say that most coralife items are total crap, but their luft pump (air pump) is the best and quietest air pump I have ever had...

Check the battery. Sometimes there's a little piece of plastic so there's no connection during shipping.

Thanks everyone! The batteries are all in place, and I did pull the plastic separator from the recent one, but perhaps it snapped with a piece left behind. I will explore this possibility. If it works, you're definitely first in line for one of two others I threw somewhere Jennifer:) The first one I threw in the trash.

I've had awful luck with coralife thermometers. I'd say about 50% of the ones I buy fail or become wildly inacurate in less than 6 months.

I wish there was some other comparable product. I'm running analog thermometers along with the coralife ones on most of my tanks. The only sucky thing is that the one on my reef gets covered with coraline so fast . . .

It WAS the plastic stopping the current! So, now it works. But it does seem as though it might be innaccurate:( Oh well. Funny thing, can't seem to find the others. I know at least a couple are around here somewhere so pm me if you still want one. Jeniffer's first:)

I'll check out radioshack--thanks for all the input!!

Cool, glad you were able to find the problem. Too bad about them being inaccurate tho.
Thanks, yup you can keep me on the list for when you find them. Thats if they did not all make it to the round circular file.

Back